IE6 new windows - no display - help!

For some reason, IE6 (Win XP Pro SP2) has decided that anything opened in a
popup or new window will not display. The window opens, but sits there blank
and with no address bar information. If I type an address in the bar, it
works fine, so the issue seems to be passing the URL from one window to the
other. I am not running pop-up blocking. I am running AVG Free 7.1 and
Windows Firewall.

Any thoughts or suggestions very welcome. I have switched to Firefox for now
because it's just too frustrating persisting with IE at this stage.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Give this a try.........

Go to Start>Run and key in:
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Click on OK or hit ENTER
Click on OK in the RegSvr32 dialogue box

If that doesn't solve the problem, perform the above steps but replace
urlmon.dll with each of these files:

Shdocvw.dll
Msjava.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Tony Gilbert" <tgilbert @ ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> For some reason, IE6 (Win XP Pro SP2) has decided that anything opened in
> a popup or new window will not display. The window opens, but sits there
> blank and with no address bar information. If I type an address in the
> bar, it works fine, so the issue seems to be passing the URL from one
> window to the other. I am not running pop-up blocking. I am running AVG
> Free 7.1 and Windows Firewall.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions very welcome. I have switched to Firefox for
> now because it's just too frustrating persisting with IE at this stage.
>
> Tony

Hi Patti

One of those certainly worked. I gave up doing them one by one after the
fourth or fifth and just did the lot. One thing I noticed is that Msjava.dll
was not found. Is that an issue that I need to look into?

Thanks

Tony

"Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi Tony,
>
> Give this a try.........
>
> Go to Start>Run and key in:
> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
> Click on OK or hit ENTER
> Click on OK in the RegSvr32 dialogue box
>
> If that doesn't solve the problem, perform the above steps but replace
> urlmon.dll with each of these files:
>
> Shdocvw.dll
> Msjava.dll
> Actxprxy.dll
> Oleaut32.dll
> Mshtml.dll
> Browseui.dll
> Shell32.dll
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>

> "Tony Gilbert" <tgilbert @ ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>> For some reason, IE6 (Win XP Pro SP2) has decided that anything opened in
>> a popup or new window will not display. The window opens, but sits there
>> blank and with no address bar information. If I type an address in the
>> bar, it works fine, so the issue seems to be passing the URL from one
>> window to the other. I am not running pop-up blocking. I am running AVG
>> Free 7.1 and Windows Firewall.
>>
>> Any thoughts or suggestions very welcome. I have switched to Firefox for
>> now because it's just too frustrating persisting with IE at this stage.
>>
>> Tony

I'm glad that one of them worked :)

No, Msjava.dll not being found is not an issue that you need to look into,
as it simply means that the MS Java Virtual Machine is not installed on your
computer.

Regards,