IE6 new windows - no display - help!

For some reason, IE6 (Win XP Pro SP2) has decided that anything opened in a
popup or new window will not display. The window opens, but sits there blank
and with no address bar information. If I type an address in the bar, it
works fine, so the issue seems to be passing the URL from one window to the
other. I am not running pop-up blocking. I am running AVG Free 7.1 and
Windows Firewall.

Any thoughts or suggestions very welcome. I have switched to Firefox for now
because it's just too frustrating persisting with IE at this stage.

Tony
3 answers Last reply
More about windows display help

    Hi Tony,

    Give this a try.........

    Go to Start>Run and key in:
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    Click on OK or hit ENTER
    Click on OK in the RegSvr32 dialogue box

    If that doesn't solve the problem, perform the above steps but replace
    urlmon.dll with each of these files:

    Shdocvw.dll
    Msjava.dll
    Actxprxy.dll
    Oleaut32.dll
    Mshtml.dll
    Browseui.dll
    Shell32.dll

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Tony Gilbert" <tgilbert @ ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
    > For some reason, IE6 (Win XP Pro SP2) has decided that anything opened in
    > a popup or new window will not display. The window opens, but sits there
    > blank and with no address bar information. If I type an address in the
    > bar, it works fine, so the issue seems to be passing the URL from one
    > window to the other. I am not running pop-up blocking. I am running AVG
    > Free 7.1 and Windows Firewall.
    >
    > Any thoughts or suggestions very welcome. I have switched to Firefox for
    > now because it's just too frustrating persisting with IE at this stage.
    >
    > Tony

    Hi Patti

    One of those certainly worked. I gave up doing them one by one after the
    fourth or fifth and just did the lot. One thing I noticed is that Msjava.dll
    was not found. Is that an issue that I need to look into?

    Thanks

    Tony

    "Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi Tony,
    >
    > Give this a try.........
    >
    > Go to Start>Run and key in:
    > regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    > Click on OK or hit ENTER
    > Click on OK in the RegSvr32 dialogue box
    >
    > If that doesn't solve the problem, perform the above steps but replace
    > urlmon.dll with each of these files:
    >
    > Shdocvw.dll
    > Msjava.dll
    > Actxprxy.dll
    > Oleaut32.dll
    > Mshtml.dll
    > Browseui.dll
    > Shell32.dll
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "Tony Gilbert" <tgilbert @ ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >> For some reason, IE6 (Win XP Pro SP2) has decided that anything opened in
    >> a popup or new window will not display. The window opens, but sits there
    >> blank and with no address bar information. If I type an address in the
    >> bar, it works fine, so the issue seems to be passing the URL from one
    >> window to the other. I am not running pop-up blocking. I am running AVG
    >> Free 7.1 and Windows Firewall.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts or suggestions very welcome. I have switched to Firefox for
    >> now because it's just too frustrating persisting with IE at this stage.
    >>
    >> Tony

    I'm glad that one of them worked :-)

    No, Msjava.dll not being found is not an issue that you need to look into,
    as it simply means that the MS Java Virtual Machine is not installed on your
    computer.

    Regards,

    --

    > Hi Patti
    >
    > One of those certainly worked. I gave up doing them one by one after the
    > fourth or fifth and just did the lot. One thing I noticed is that
    > Msjava.dll was not found. Is that an issue that I need to look into?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tony
    >
    > "Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
    >> Hi Tony,
    >>
    >> Give this a try.........
    >>
    >> Go to Start>Run and key in:
    >> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    >> Click on OK or hit ENTER
    >> Click on OK in the RegSvr32 dialogue box
    >>
    >> If that doesn't solve the problem, perform the above steps but replace
    >> urlmon.dll with each of these files:
    >>
    >> Shdocvw.dll
    >> Msjava.dll
    >> Actxprxy.dll
    >> Oleaut32.dll
    >> Mshtml.dll
    >> Browseui.dll
    >> Shell32.dll
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> --
    >> Patti MacLeod
    >> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >>

    >> "Tony Gilbert" <tgilbert @ ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> For some reason, IE6 (Win XP Pro SP2) has decided that anything opened
    >>> in a popup or new window will not display. The window opens, but sits
    >>> there blank and with no address bar information. If I type an address in
    >>> the bar, it works fine, so the issue seems to be passing the URL from
    >>> one window to the other. I am not running pop-up blocking. I am running
    >>> AVG Free 7.1 and Windows Firewall.
    >>>
    >>> Any thoughts or suggestions very welcome. I have switched to Firefox for
    >>> now because it's just too frustrating persisting with IE at this stage.
    >>>
    >>> Tony

IE6 Windows XP Displays