Tron not saving high scores with new battery pack

I'm having problems getting my Tron machine to save high scores. I've

removed the old battery and replaced it with a 3.6V Nicad phone battery

but it will only save the scores for about a day or so. If I don't
turn on the game every day it won't save them. I've left the game on
for over 12 hours so it should be plenty charged up. I also tried
another battery pack with the same result. The game works perfect
otherwise. Any ideas?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about tron saving high scores battery pack

    Yep.... get rid of it. Mount a lithium battery with a blocking diode on
    the power supply and you'll be good to go for years. Otherwise, put a
    blocking diode in place and run a AAA or AA battery pack with 3
    batteries installed off board.

    John

Battery Games Video Games