Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Tron not saving high scores with new battery pack

Tags:
  • Battery
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
March 19, 2005 11:05:18 PM

I'm having problems getting my Tron machine to save high scores. I've

removed the old battery and replaced it with a 3.6V Nicad phone battery

but it will only save the scores for about a day or so. If I don't
turn on the game every day it won't save them. I've left the game on
for over 12 hours so it should be plenty charged up. I also tried
another battery pack with the same result. The game works perfect
otherwise. Any ideas?

Thanks

More about : tron saving high scores battery pack

Anonymous
March 20, 2005 1:32:29 PM

Yep.... get rid of it. Mount a lithium battery with a blocking diode on
the power supply and you'll be good to go for years. Otherwise, put a
blocking diode in place and run a AAA or AA battery pack with 3
batteries installed off board.

John