Removing old OS

I upgraded to XP Pro from 98SE; I chose keep old files; How do I now remove
the old Windows 98SE file?
2 answers Last reply
More about removing

    Hi rontay,

    In Add/Remove Programs, there should be an entry called "Windows XP
    Uninstall". Click on "Windows XP Uninstall" to highlight it, then click on
    the Change/Remove button. Select the option to "Remove the backup of my
    previous operating system", and then click on Continue. Click on Yes when
    you receive the "If you remove the backup of your previous operating system,
    you will no longer be able to uninstall Windows XP. Are you sure you want to
    do this?" warning message.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "rontay" <rontay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I upgraded to XP Pro from 98SE; I chose keep old files; How do I now remove
    > the old Windows 98SE file?

    Hi Patti,
    I read your reply to rontay re: removing the old os after installing XP. If
    I follow your instructions and reply "yes", then I won't be able to uninstall
    XP in the future -- is this correct? Also, in removing the old operating
    system, will I lose any files? I'm functioning properly in XP, but would
    like to free up used space on my hard drive.
    Thanks

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > Hi rontay,
    >
    > In Add/Remove Programs, there should be an entry called "Windows XP
    > Uninstall". Click on "Windows XP Uninstall" to highlight it, then click on
    > the Change/Remove button. Select the option to "Remove the backup of my
    > previous operating system", and then click on Continue. Click on Yes when
    > you receive the "If you remove the backup of your previous operating system,
    > you will no longer be able to uninstall Windows XP. Are you sure you want to
    > do this?" warning message.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >

    > "rontay" <rontay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I upgraded to XP Pro from 98SE; I chose keep old files; How do I now remove
    > > the old Windows 98SE file?

Microsoft Windows 98SE Windows XP