Volume/audio system tray icon vanished, "no audio device i..

Help please: my audio/volume system tray icon has vanished and device
manager says that all sound devices/drivers are working properly and are up
to date, BUT - Sounds and Audio Devices Properties says I have no audio
device installed. If I try to open volume controls, I get this error:
"CiceroUIWndFrame: HelpCrs.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry
point DoOpenPipeStream could not be located in the dynamic link library
ScrRun.dll."
Any ideas? I'm on an IBM ThinkPad T41, WXPP SP1
4 answers Last reply
More about volume audio system tray icon vanished audio device

    Open device manager and delete all sound hardware. Reboot, windows should
    reinstall your sound drivers. Failing that try IBM's website for drivers.

    "SF" wrote:

    > Help please: my audio/volume system tray icon has vanished and device
    > manager says that all sound devices/drivers are working properly and are up
    > to date, BUT - Sounds and Audio Devices Properties says I have no audio
    > device installed. If I try to open volume controls, I get this error:
    > "CiceroUIWndFrame: HelpCrs.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry
    > point DoOpenPipeStream could not be located in the dynamic link library
    > ScrRun.dll."
    > Any ideas? I'm on an IBM ThinkPad T41, WXPP SP1

    Thanks! I was working my way to trying that and it worked! I never thought
    I'd miss the annoying Windows startup and shutdown chords until I lost them.

    "Damo" wrote:

    > Open device manager and delete all sound hardware. Reboot, windows should
    > reinstall your sound drivers. Failing that try IBM's website for drivers.
    >
    > "SF" wrote:
    >
    > > Help please: my audio/volume system tray icon has vanished and device
    > > manager says that all sound devices/drivers are working properly and are up
    > > to date, BUT - Sounds and Audio Devices Properties says I have no audio
    > > device installed. If I try to open volume controls, I get this error:
    > > "CiceroUIWndFrame: HelpCrs.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry
    > > point DoOpenPipeStream could not be located in the dynamic link library
    > > ScrRun.dll."
    > > Any ideas? I'm on an IBM ThinkPad T41, WXPP SP1
  3. actually im also having the same problem...and i tried to delete all the sounds hardware but its still not working. its not even deleting....
    nyone can help me out on this?
  4. Download latest drivers and install.

Audio Devices Windows XP