Volume/audio system tray icon vanished, "no audio device i..

April 16, 2005 12:13:02 AM

Help please: my audio/volume system tray icon has vanished and device
manager says that all sound devices/drivers are working properly and are up
to date, BUT - Sounds and Audio Devices Properties says I have no audio
device installed. If I try to open volume controls, I get this error:
"CiceroUIWndFrame: HelpCrs.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry
point DoOpenPipeStream could not be located in the dynamic link library
ScrRun.dll."
Any ideas? I'm on an IBM ThinkPad T41, WXPP SP1
April 16, 2005 3:07:01 AM

Open device manager and delete all sound hardware. Reboot, windows should
reinstall your sound drivers. Failing that try IBM's website for drivers.

"SF" wrote:

> Help please: my audio/volume system tray icon has vanished and device
> manager says that all sound devices/drivers are working properly and are up
> to date, BUT - Sounds and Audio Devices Properties says I have no audio
> device installed. If I try to open volume controls, I get this error:
> "CiceroUIWndFrame: HelpCrs.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry
> point DoOpenPipeStream could not be located in the dynamic link library
> ScrRun.dll."
> Any ideas? I'm on an IBM ThinkPad T41, WXPP SP1
April 16, 2005 3:16:03 PM

Thanks! I was working my way to trying that and it worked! I never thought
I'd miss the annoying Windows startup and shutdown chords until I lost them.

"Damo" wrote:

> Open device manager and delete all sound hardware. Reboot, windows should
> reinstall your sound drivers. Failing that try IBM's website for drivers.
>
> "SF" wrote:
>
> > Help please: my audio/volume system tray icon has vanished and device
> > manager says that all sound devices/drivers are working properly and are up
> > to date, BUT - Sounds and Audio Devices Properties says I have no audio
> > device installed. If I try to open volume controls, I get this error:
> > "CiceroUIWndFrame: HelpCrs.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry
> > point DoOpenPipeStream could not be located in the dynamic link library
> > ScrRun.dll."
> > Any ideas? I'm on an IBM ThinkPad T41, WXPP SP1
Related resources
July 30, 2008 3:38:49 AM

actually im also having the same problem...and i tried to delete all the sounds hardware but its still not working. its not even deleting....
nyone can help me out on this?
August 2, 2008 9:07:14 PM

Download latest drivers and install.
!