Cannot display pictures on certain sites

April 16, 2005 3:59:22 PM

Hello

I am using Win XP Svc Pack 2 on DELL 2.2Ghz, 512 Mb RAM

When I surfed to some sites eg the Time magazine site, the images are not
displayed, but only placeholders for these images.
I have checked that my IE v6 options are set to Display Pictures.

Odd thing is that on other sites with images, it is OK and the pictures are
displayed.

I thought it was my Antivirus software (Trend's PC Pen Cillin 05, AVG) that
messe things up, but disabling all the AV programs and rebooting does not
solve the problem. Grateful for your advice. Thks

More about : display pictures sites

April 16, 2005 3:59:23 PM

In news:D 3q0rb$61d$1@mawar.singnet.com.sg,
Jimmy Hsu <xurumeng@singnet.com.sg> had this to say:

> Hello
>
> I am using Win XP Svc Pack 2 on DELL 2.2Ghz, 512 Mb RAM
>
> When I surfed to some sites eg the Time magazine site, the images are
> not displayed, but only placeholders for these images.
> I have checked that my IE v6 options are set to Display Pictures.
>
> Odd thing is that on other sites with images, it is OK and the
> pictures are displayed.
>
> I thought it was my Antivirus software (Trend's PC Pen Cillin 05,
> AVG) that messe things up, but disabling all the AV programs and
> rebooting does not solve the problem. Grateful for your advice. Thks

I can only say try this link:

http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

Someone might come along with another idea but that site's been the one that
I've been handing out lately. I've had MOSTLY good reports from the people
who followed it carefully so hopefully it will solve it for you as I've
never actually had this problem so can't tell you what worked for me.

Galen
April 16, 2005 3:59:23 PM

You probably have some kind of anti advertisement/popup software running.
E.g. I run Norton Firewall 2005 and it has a setting to block pop up ads,
PLUS advertisements in web pages. Ideally you'd want any setting like that
turned off.

!