xp home when hibernate starts up again

When I hibernate my windows xp home edition computer, it shuts down, but
then after a varying number of minutes, it starts up again.
Does anyone know what setting might be wrong? I have played with all the
settings in Power Options and yet it still happens.

damo

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Does it just shutdown or does it actually try to hibernate? Also, check
settings in the BIOS, under power options.

"Cybernana" wrote:

> When I hibernate my windows xp home edition computer, it shuts down, but
> then after a varying number of minutes, it starts up again.
> Does anyone know what setting might be wrong? I have played with all the
> settings in Power Options and yet it still happens.

Hi,

Probably a "wake on...." feature is enabled in the system BIOS. If you are
connected to broadband, then it is likely the LAN that is causing the
system to restart. You will need to enter the system BIOS and disable this
feature.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/