Sign in with
Your question

How to submit an idea to/advise AMD?

Last response: in Business Computing
July 26, 2012 7:23:05 AM

Hello all,

Say a company I follow is going through tough times. If I had some idea for them and this idea has a small chance to improve that company, how do I give it to them?

I have to ensure that they hear me, and also that the people to who I give the idea don't leave the company and join a competitor. I have a degree in Management, so I could also look at the possibility as acting as a consultant to them. The problem is that I am from a country where AMD does not have a management presence.

I tried searching for this topic here, but the forums are just too big and this topic doesn't seem like an easy one to search for.

Thanks

More about : submit idea advise amd

a b À AMD
July 26, 2012 7:25:29 AM

talk to a representative O_o
July 26, 2012 9:05:21 AM

dudewitbow said:
talk to a representative O_o

Thanks. When you say representative, do you mean a salesman or a mid-level manager or the Head (say of Manufacturing r Marketing)?

How do i find or know the right one?

The idea I have is for advertising campaign and some other things they could change n the business side. That is why I need to contact someone higher up...someone who can listen to me and evaluate if the idea is good/fair/crap/doable/already-rejected-in-house etc.

So surely talking to a salesman doesn't ensure it will percolate to the level concerned
Related resources
July 26, 2012 9:32:34 AM

goodluck with them listening to you
July 26, 2012 9:39:45 AM

Write it on a brick and toss it through their window
July 26, 2012 1:46:59 PM

Preferably on a gold brick, they could do with a few in R&D:) 
a b À AMD
July 26, 2012 2:00:23 PM

AMD historically doesn't advertise. If you have an idea for some awesome new ad campaign I doubt they would do it. Best you can do is submit it to someone's email that you get off AMD.com and hope they do it.
a b À AMD
July 26, 2012 3:34:35 PM

create a video and post it on youtube.
July 26, 2012 7:36:42 PM

abitoms said:
Hello all,

Say a company I follow is going through tough times. If I had some idea for them and this idea has a small chance to improve that company, how do I give it to them?

I have to ensure that they hear me, and also that the people to who I give the idea don't leave the company and join a competitor. I have a degree in Management, so I could also look at the possibility as acting as a consultant to them. The problem is that I am from a country where AMD does not have a management presence.

I tried searching for this topic here, but the forums are just too big and this topic doesn't seem like an easy one to search for.

Thanks

Let's hear your advice first.
July 26, 2012 7:53:59 PM

jcurry23 said:
goodluck with them listening to you

wr6133 said:
Write it on a brick and toss it through their window

womble said:
Preferably on a gold brick, they could do with a few in R&D:) 

rgd1101 said:
create a video and post it on youtube.

These sound like the best ideas. I would suggest writing it down on some paper, then flushing it down the toilet. It will probably end up at the feet of some AMD employee...
July 27, 2012 6:00:18 AM

LOL haha some funny replies. sadly though, looking at these replies makes me think there is no way i could get through to them even if i wanted to...given their apparent inertia when it comes to advertising :( 
a b À AMD
July 27, 2012 7:01:00 AM

They do print ads, I think. They ran a short series of ads on TV years ago, and they were bad. Other then that they don't do a lot. A few give aways a year but nothing that really brings them attention. Given how much Intel spends on advertising it's probably a good idea AMD doesn't bother. Just money they can't spend on something else they need.
July 30, 2012 5:01:37 AM

oh ok...i'll refine my idea a bit and try to contact a high level person from an office near me. i'll see that goes.

thanks all
July 30, 2012 2:03:42 PM

No really, I want to know what your idea is. You won't be making money on it, so hash it out here.
July 31, 2012 9:38:11 AM

It's not really an idea, but rather an advertising campaign tailored to my country - India.

I am not at all averse to disclosing it to fellow Toms readers. My only concern is that someone aligned to Intel (i.e. working for them) might see it and rain on it (i.e. assuming it is a worthwhile campaign idea).

I think instead of spilling it out in one shot, I'll let it out step by step. I'm in the process of refining it - it just occurred to me last week - so pls give me a week/fortnight and I'll put it all here.
!