KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR Need help please

I have looked at the help pages and forums and am not getting anywhere. I
dont see reference to my specific fault. Info is as follows

***STOP : 0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x0363F000)

This fault is random and has now occurred three times over two months. I
have run CHKDSK and all is OK. I did this because at startup, the harddisk
sounds as though it is struggling to start but is OK once running. The
system is OK outside of this problem. It is Dell 8250 with XP Pro. All
antivirus checks have been done. Eventviewer shows The MCSTRM Service failed
due to the system cannot find the file specified.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Adrian
3 answers Last reply
More about kernel_stack_inpage_error please

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
    column(77):

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have looked at the help pages and forums and am not getting anywhere. I
    > dont see reference to my specific fault. Info is as follows
    >
    > ***STOP : 0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x0363F000)
    >
    > This fault is random and has now occurred three times over two months. I
    > have run CHKDSK and all is OK. I did this because at startup, the harddisk
    > sounds as though it is struggling to start but is OK once running. The
    > system is OK outside of this problem. It is Dell 8250 with XP Pro. All
    > antivirus checks have been done. Eventviewer shows The MCSTRM Service
    > failed
    > due to the system cannot find the file specified.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    >
    > Adrian

    Will

    Thanks for replying so quickly. I have checked the site and there is no
    mention of the 1st and 2nd parameters that I have. The same is true of the MS
    site. Any mention of a code with an E suffix is prefixed with a number
    whereas mine is not
    Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks

    Adrian

    > Will
    >
    > Thanks for replying so quickly. I have checked the site and there is no
    > mention of the 1st and 2nd parameters that I have. The same is true of the
    MS
    > site. Any mention of a code with an E suffix is prefixed with a number
    > whereas mine is not
    > Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks
    These parameters are memory addresses in hexadecimal representation:
    0xC000000E, 0xC000000E, 0x00000000, 0x0363F0
    They are contents of internal cpu registers which may help somebody to
    determine where your fault happened. The addresses may not be the same for
    all computers.
    And, no, the E numbers are not suffixes.
    Jim

Windows XP