Anyone tell me what this does?

Glenn

humm... ok... I assume then that you would use this if the heater out from
the fly is already at max?

"Matt" <gamefixer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It brings up the heater voltages so that your picture is brighter. The
> problem is that if the tube is one its way out it will push it over the
> edge.
>

> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13718&item=6162603598&rd=1
>>
>> ok... thought I've been around... what is this thing and how and/or does
>> it work??

The white ball is a transformer with a 1:1.25 turn ratio. It steps the
6.3VAC heater voltage up to around 8V, which occasionally helps for a
little while. The second "benefit" was already mentioned- isolating
the heater, which may help with a heater to cathode picture tube short.

In short, don't use it.

David Countryman
www.davesarcade.com

Steve Muccione wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13718&item=6162603598&rd=1

> ok... thought I've been around... what is this thing and how and/or
does it
> work??

nahh... I was just curious. Couldn't tell what was under the big half white
ball with wires stickout out of it.

Thanks,

steve