Files And Settings Transfer Wizard Did Not Transfer Outloo..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I'm moving files/settings from one laptop to another. Each has XP Home and
Office 2003. Each has a single user (login=Paul) and same password. I used
the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard (FSTW) to do this. The problem is
that the Outlook PST and settings (and other settings and files) didn't
transfer.

I think it's because the original laptop has "Owner" in C:\Documents and
Settings, the new one has "Paul" in Documents and Settings. Of course, each
has "All Users" and "Default User". Is there a way to transfer the settings
and files for "Owner" on the old system to "Paul" on the new system? If
there isn't, how can I make sure I have a perfect copy of the old system's
Outlook 2003 contacts, rules, mail, etc, especially the mail account info.
Thanks

[cross-posted because I'm not really sure which group is best for the
quesiton]
2 answers Last reply
More about files settings transfer wizard transfer outloo
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Export your current folders to a .PST file using Outlook's "Import/Export"
    wizard.

    --
    Donald L McDaniel
    Please reply to the original thread,
    "Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message
    > I'm moving files/settings from one laptop to another. Each has XP Home and
    > Office 2003. Each has a single user (login=Paul) and same password. I used
    > the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard (FSTW) to do this. The problem is
    > that the Outlook PST and settings (and other settings and files) didn't
    > transfer.
    >
    > I think it's because the original laptop has "Owner" in C:\Documents and
    > Settings, the new one has "Paul" in Documents and Settings. Of course,
    > each
    > has "All Users" and "Default User". Is there a way to transfer the
    > settings
    > and files for "Owner" on the old system to "Paul" on the new system? If
    > there isn't, how can I make sure I have a perfect copy of the old system's
    > Outlook 2003 contacts, rules, mail, etc, especially the mail account info.
    > Thanks
    >
    > [cross-posted because I'm not really sure which group is best for the
    > quesiton]

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    "Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message
    > I'm moving files/settings from one laptop to another. Each has XP Home
    > and
    > Office 2003. Each has a single user (login=Paul) and same password. I
    > used
    > the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard (FSTW) to do this. The problem
    > is
    > that the Outlook PST and settings (and other settings and files)
    > didn't
    > transfer.
    >
    > I think it's because the original laptop has "Owner" in C:\Documents
    > and
    > Settings, the new one has "Paul" in Documents and Settings. Of course,
    > each
    > has "All Users" and "Default User". Is there a way to transfer the
    > settings
    > and files for "Owner" on the old system to "Paul" on the new system?
    > If
    > there isn't, how can I make sure I have a perfect copy of the old
    > system's
    > Outlook 2003 contacts, rules, mail, etc, especially the mail account
    > info.
    > Thanks
    >
    > [cross-posted because I'm not really sure which group is best for the
    > quesiton]

    Using the Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA010875321033.aspx

    --
    William

Outlook Microsoft Windows XP