problem with ati radeon 9200 tv display

boaz

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2004
i have been trying to wach movies from my computer on the tv screen , i connected the comp. and tv with a s.video 2 s.video conector witch came with the comp. but when i swich the display over to the tv , not all of the desktop apears on it , when i travel with the mouse to the outer part of the screen it shifts towards the end of the desktop but i never get the hole image !
i tried every resolotion and every seting i could think of but nothing works properly .
does any 1 else have this problem ?
does any1 know how to get reed of it ???

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually it is the resolution you're using on the TV display. It's trying to show you the entire picture on a "smaller" screen. It was designed to do that.

I don't think you've tried "every" resolution for your TV output, because if you had, you'd have found one that's darned close to being right and doesn't move when you move your mouse to the edge of the screen.

The "proper" resolutions might still go off the edge of the screen, but the screen won't move, at which point you use the monitor adjustments in advanced display properties to resize the image.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

boaz

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2004
whatis the min. resolotion that shold be available in the settings for displaying on the tv ?
when i try 800*600 or 1024*768 or 1152*864 i get the same resolt exactly !
what should i do???

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, the TV is like 352x240...but!

Various cards can output various signals that are adjusted to work with that low resolution tube. Some can only do it at 640x480, some at 720x something, some at 800x600, and some at 1024x768.

You need to adjust the resolution for the TV, not the monitor. Some cards allow you to have separate resolutions for the two devices, others don't.

Go into advanced properties and see what you can do there as well.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
BTW, I have a friend with an 8500, the more powerfull version of your card. I'll ask him tomorrow what settings to use.

boaz

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2004
thats what i was rtying to say . my card lets u adjust the resolotion seperatly for the tv and the screen .
i tried most of the resolotions - 800*600 to - 1152*864 but none of them change a thing !

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
He sent me this:

Make sure the tv is set as a primary display in advanced settings under the display tab, and the ATI software will automatically set it to the proper size/resolution. Iwill alter your monitor size/resolution afterwards... so you'll need to reset the monitor size back in display properties. That way both TV & monitor will have proper settings.