security settings

we receive the message, your security setting prevents activeX from
displaying this page. Unfortunately this occurrs often but not on restore
points but I do not want to go back to these. How do I change the settings.
I also get many messages from messenger telling me may system will crash if I
do not download certain files or fixes. Is this likely to happen or is it a
fault with messenger where others can display these messages. thanks people.
1 answer Last reply
More about security settings

    For the ActiveX problem you might want to try the following:
    Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options.
    Click on the Security tab.
    Click on the "Custom Level" button.
    In the "Security settings" box, you can change individual
    settings or you can select "Reset to" and make sure Meduim in
    entered.
    Hit the Reset button.
    Click OK twice.

    If this doesn't help with your problem then, if you haven't
    already, you might want to post this question to one of the
    Internet Explorer newsgroups:

    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser&sloc=en-us

    As for your second problem, it's called messenger spam and the
    best solution is to either install Service Pack 2 or run a
    firewall that will block this type of spam. Here are a few
    articles on this issue:

    http://www.spywareguide.com/txt_messengerspam.html

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/learnmore/stopspam.mspx

    http://grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm
    --
    Nepatsfan
    "shadey" <shadey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > we receive the message, your security setting prevents activeX
    > from
    > displaying this page. Unfortunately this occurrs often but not
    > on restore
    > points but I do not want to go back to these. How do I change
    > the settings.
    > I also get many messages from messenger telling me may system
    > will crash if I
    > do not download certain files or fixes. Is this likely to
    > happen or is it a
    > fault with messenger where others can display these messages.
    > thanks people.

Security Windows XP