Your question

Sound Driver Failing During Games

Tags:
  • Sound Driver
  • Games
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
June 11, 2012 7:05:28 PM

Hello, I have an HP laptop with Windows Vista. When I try to play any games, the sound stops working. I checked the properties and the computer does not detect the sound card when I activate a game, but returns on reset. Currently I've tried The Binding of Issac and Sims 3. On Issac, the sound completely dies and requires a restart. On Sims 3, the sound returns when the application is closed.

I can provide any form of specs, but I am not sure which one is preferred on this forum.

An update: While playing Champions Online with ooVoo running, talking to a friend, there were no sound issues.

More about : sound driver failing games

a c 572 D Laptop
June 11, 2012 9:26:23 PM

Virfortis said:
When I try to play any games, the sound stops working
While playing Champions Online with ooVoo running, talking to a friend, there were no sound issues

How any sound issues playing music and videos?

I'm leaning more toward the games being the issue than the sound card.
m
l
June 13, 2012 10:28:59 PM

I have considered that, but the card has started working on one startup and failing on another. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, simply that sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't.
m
l
Related resources
a c 572 D Laptop
June 13, 2012 10:41:56 PM

Does it ever fail when you're not playing a game?
m
l
June 16, 2012 6:34:55 AM

The sound will not stop if it was working on startup, but if a game (not a web browser) was selected, there is a chance it stops working, this does not seem to happen if communicating via VOIP.
m
l
!