Big Radeon 9600 Pro Problem

Edge

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2003
I'm having a really big problem with my 9600 Pro. First off, some background. My system is running an Athlon XP 2600+, Win XP Pro, 512 MBs of DDR PC 3200 (running as 2700), a Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra (Black) motherboard, and a Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro.

About half the time when I boot up, some conflict occurs with my video card that causes it to not work. The start menu and favourites will lag when I click them, games will not run, and every minute or two my monitor blinks off and I get a VPU Recovery message that says my graphics card has stopped responding. Other times, the card works fine. This is really bugging me, as you can imagine. I think the problem is driver related, but I'm not certain. Any advice?

Update your motherboard BIOS, updte your chipset drivers (Hyperion 4n1), and turn off fastwrites.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: