CD READ ERROR

April 16, 2005 10:07:27 PM

When inserting a CD disk after boot-up, the drive can be read with no
problems.
After ejecting & putting in another disk, it cannot be read, it still sees
the "old" ejected disk. The icon doesn't change either, it stays with the
ejected disks icon.
I'm being forced into a restart if I want to access another disk.

I have 2 CD drives on my PC, this problem occurs on both drives, I have
tried with only 1 drive working and the problem is still there.

Help.

More about : read error

April 16, 2005 10:07:28 PM

Maybe this will help..

"Conn Nelis" <conn.nelis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
| When inserting a CD disk after boot-up, the drive can be read with
no
| problems.
| After ejecting & putting in another disk, it cannot be read, it
still sees
| the "old" ejected disk. The icon doesn't change either, it stays
with the
| ejected disks icon.
| I'm being forced into a restart if I want to access another disk.
|
| I have 2 CD drives on my PC, this problem occurs on both drives, I
have
| tried with only 1 drive working and the problem is still there.
|
| Help.

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 11:04:14 PM

Ricky,

Problem sorted...Thank you very much for your help.

Much Apperciated.

"Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Maybe this will help..

A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en

> "Conn Nelis" <conn.nelis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> | When inserting a CD disk after boot-up, the drive can be read with
> no
> | problems.
> | After ejecting & putting in another disk, it cannot be read, it
> still sees
> | the "old" ejected disk. The icon doesn't change either, it stays
> with the
> | ejected disks icon.
> | I'm being forced into a restart if I want to access another disk.
> |
> | I have 2 CD drives on my PC, this problem occurs on both drives, I
> have
> | tried with only 1 drive working and the problem is still there.
> |
> | Help.

April 16, 2005 11:04:15 PM

You're welcome..glad it helped. :-)

"Conn Nelis" <conn.nelis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:o TEn16qQFHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
| Ricky,
|
| Problem sorted...Thank you very much for your help.
|
| Much Apperciated.
|
| "Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> wrote in message
| > Maybe this will help..

| A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en
| >
| > "Conn Nelis" <conn.nelis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
| > | When inserting a CD disk after boot-up, the drive can be read
with
| > no
| > | problems.
| > | After ejecting & putting in another disk, it cannot be read,
it
| > still sees
| > | the "old" ejected disk. The icon doesn't change either, it
stays
| > with the
| > | ejected disks icon.
| > | I'm being forced into a restart if I want to access another
disk.
| > |
| > | I have 2 CD drives on my PC, this problem occurs on both
drives, I
| > have
| > | tried with only 1 drive working and the problem is still there.
| > |
| > | Help.
| > |
| > |