CD READ ERROR

When inserting a CD disk after boot-up, the drive can be read with no
problems.
After ejecting & putting in another disk, it cannot be read, it still sees
the "old" ejected disk. The icon doesn't change either, it stays with the
ejected disks icon.
I'm being forced into a restart if I want to access another disk.

I have 2 CD drives on my PC, this problem occurs on both drives, I have
tried with only 1 drive working and the problem is still there.

Help.
3 answers Last reply
More about read error

    Maybe this will help..
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en

    "Conn Nelis" <conn.nelis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    | When inserting a CD disk after boot-up, the drive can be read with
    no
    | problems.
    | After ejecting & putting in another disk, it cannot be read, it
    still sees
    | the "old" ejected disk. The icon doesn't change either, it stays
    with the
    | ejected disks icon.
    | I'm being forced into a restart if I want to access another disk.
    |
    | I have 2 CD drives on my PC, this problem occurs on both drives, I
    have
    | tried with only 1 drive working and the problem is still there.
    |
    | Help.

    Ricky,

    Problem sorted...Thank you very much for your help.

    Much Apperciated.

    "Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > Maybe this will help..

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-
    A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en

    > "Conn Nelis" <conn.nelis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > | When inserting a CD disk after boot-up, the drive can be read with
    > no
    > | problems.
    > | After ejecting & putting in another disk, it cannot be read, it
    > still sees
    > | the "old" ejected disk. The icon doesn't change either, it stays
    > with the
    > | ejected disks icon.
    > | I'm being forced into a restart if I want to access another disk.
    > |
    > | I have 2 CD drives on my PC, this problem occurs on both drives, I
    > have
    > | tried with only 1 drive working and the problem is still there.
    > |
    > | Help.

    You're welcome..glad it helped. :-)

    | Ricky,
    |
    | Problem sorted...Thank you very much for your help.
    |
    | Much Apperciated.
    |
    | "Ricky" <rsjoiner@no_spambellsouth.net> wrote in message
    | > Maybe this will help..

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-
    | A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en
    | >
    | > "Conn Nelis" <conn.nelis@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    | > | When inserting a CD disk after boot-up, the drive can be read
    with
    | > no
    | > | problems.
    | > | After ejecting & putting in another disk, it cannot be read,
    it
    | > still sees
    | > | the "old" ejected disk. The icon doesn't change either, it
    stays
    | > with the
    | > | ejected disks icon.
    | > | I'm being forced into a restart if I want to access another
    disk.
    | > |
    | > | I have 2 CD drives on my PC, this problem occurs on both
    drives, I
    | > have
    | > | tried with only 1 drive working and the problem is still there.
    | > |
    | > | Help.
    | > |
    | > |