Speaker buzzing in cabinet

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Had an earleir post, but it has fallen behind a bit, thought I would refresh
the topic.

Looking for suggestions as to why my speakers have a constant hum through
them. Happens with my MK2 board and my Wrestlefest board. No hum (buzz)
with Superstars or SF2.

Sounds like electrical interferance, but I don't know what it would be
coming from. I've unhooked various items (coin doors, monitor, control
panel) on the cabinet, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Eric

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

bad ground for the speaker??
"Eric" <nospam@spam.com> wrote in message
> Had an earleir post, but it has fallen behind a bit, thought I would
refresh
> the topic.
>
> Looking for suggestions as to why my speakers have a constant hum through
> them. Happens with my MK2 board and my Wrestlefest board. No hum (buzz)
> with Superstars or SF2.
>
> Sounds like electrical interferance, but I don't know what it would be
> coming from. I've unhooked various items (coin doors, monitor, control
> panel) on the cabinet, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
>
> Eric

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Maybe....any idea how I would check that? Does that come off the Jamma
harness as well?

Sorry, I am very new to this. Thanks for your help!!

Eric

"VaxX" <geoff_gunn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> bad ground for the speaker??
> "Eric" <nospam@spam.com> wrote in message
>> Had an earleir post, but it has fallen behind a bit, thought I would
> refresh
>> the topic.
>>
>> Looking for suggestions as to why my speakers have a constant hum through
>> them. Happens with my MK2 board and my Wrestlefest board. No hum (buzz)
>> with Superstars or SF2.
>>
>> Sounds like electrical interferance, but I don't know what it would be
>> coming from. I've unhooked various items (coin doors, monitor, control
>> panel) on the cabinet, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem.
>>
>> Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Eric

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Do you have a noise filter installed in line?
It's usually the first thing coming in from the main power plug.
If you don't you may want to install one or switch it out with a new one.
Also, if you have a old fuse block in your cabinet, that's dirty, etc.
replace it with a new one.
Pac-man's a notorious for this problem, just as you described.
new fuse block does the trick on the pac's.

Troy,