my dell laptop is on a go slow since recent xp pro updates..

.... it took ages on 14.4 on the first download, and then crashed. The next
day is again took an age to download the updates, but did actually complete
the process, it rebooted and now taked about 5 minutes to boot up, is
exceptionally slow to do anything at all.

I have check for viruses, spyware and adware and nothing!!

Any thoughts??

wendyc wrote:
> ... it took ages on 14.4 on the first download, and then crashed. The next
> day is again took an age to download the updates, but did actually complete
> the process, it rebooted and now taked about 5 minutes to boot up, is
> exceptionally slow to do anything at all.
>
> I have check for viruses, spyware and adware and nothing!!
>
> Any thoughts??

Check for HD errors.

Defrag your hard disk.