Recycle Bin corrupt

Hello I have a Windows XP Pro machine with SP-2.

My Recycle Bin is corrupt.

It displays 0 items 0 bytes.

In C: the RECYCLED folder has an ordinary folder icon. The RECYCLED folder
has several sub folders with weird names.

The properties for the RECYCLED folder has 3.0 GB with some thousand files.

I can go into a command prompt to see what into those folders and it reports
all the files.

I did some research and suggested that my INFO2 is corrupt. I followed the
steps for deleting and rebuilding it but it didn't work.

I don't want to reinstall Windows. I need my Recycle Bin. I don't want to
empty it before I restore files.

Help. Thanks.

Angel Blue01

I tried that.

It didn't help

I tried another user account, safe mode. It didn't help.

Still nothing.

Angel, check at Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm
Select R and scroll to Recycle Bin.
"Angel Blue01" <angel_blue_co2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello I have a Windows XP Pro machine with SP-2.
>
> My Recycle Bin is corrupt.
>
> It displays 0 items 0 bytes.
>
> In C: the RECYCLED folder has an ordinary folder icon. The RECYCLED folder
> has several sub folders with weird names.
>
> The properties for the RECYCLED folder has 3.0 GB with some thousand
> files.
>
> I can go into a command prompt to see what into those folders and it
> reports all the files.
>
> I did some research and suggested that my INFO2 is corrupt. I followed the
> steps for deleting and rebuilding it but it didn't work.
>
> I don't want to reinstall Windows. I need my Recycle Bin. I don't want to
> empty it before I restore files.
>
> Help. Thanks.
>
> Angel Blue01

matt

I tried this as well, my directory was labeled Recycler and it says there
was no file name "info2"

I created a blank text file and deleted it to the Recycle Bin. When I open
the Bin it says 0 files, but when I click empty it asks if I want to delete
80 files.