Computer keeps crashing after reformat

I did a clean reformat of windows 7 ultimate 64bit. Also cleaned the inside of my computer of dust, their wasn't that much as I clean it a lot. Now my computer keeps freezing and locking up and making a loud noise. It will completely freeze and I can still see what is on the screen, but I can't move the mouse or do anything with the keyboard, and all my monitors, CPU monitors, and other little gadgets freeze. Also when I'm playing some games, even Half-Life: Blue shift, it freezes within 1-5mins of gameplay.

Computer specs.

I7 930 at 4.0ghz.
Tunic Tower Extreme CPU cooler.
ATI, Sapphire 5870, stock.
P6X58D - E motherboard, by Asus.
6GB of Dominator memory, triple channel.
single 1TB harddrive, 7200rpm.

I really need your guys help, this problem leaves me stumbled..

I also have all the drivers up to date.

heres a video about this guy having the same problem as I am, only a few seconds long: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpyaJ3-CoOM
11 answers Last reply
More about computer crashing reformat
  1. I had the exact same problem a few days ago, & it turned out to be the video card. I swapped it out with an older one & now everything works fine. Just hoping after all this RMA crap they send me one that actually works this time....
    Hope this helps.
  2. cewhidx said:
    I had the exact same problem a few days ago, & it turned out to be the video card. I swapped it out with an older one & now everything works fine. Just hoping after all this RMA crap they send me one that actually works this time....
    Hope this helps.

Well I thought it was my graphics card also, but I tried my old 4870 and it did the samething.. So I don't know now.
  3. have you tried chkdsk and sfc?
  4. mi1ez said:
    have you tried chkdsk and sfc?

Did both of those, SFC came up with windows recourse protection did not find any integrity violations. So I guess nothing is wrong with that..
  5. You didn't unplug your CPU fan or obstruct it in any way when you cleaned the dust out by any chance?
  6. What PSU? the timing may just be a coincidence...
  7. mi1ez said:
    What PSU? the timing may just be a coincidence...

Nope, I don't think I hurt anything when I blew everything out. And the PSU I'm using CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W. Memory timings are 9 9 9 24, DRAM Frequency - 727.8MHz
  8. Can you figure out where the loud nois you montioned is coming from? There's nothing obstructing a fan anywhere?
    Have you tried without the CPU overclock?
  9. mi1ez said:
    Can you figure out where the loud nois you montioned is coming from? There's nothing obstructing a fan anywhere?
    Have you tried without the CPU overclock?

Its coming from my speakers/ headset, its not the motherboard speakers, or any fans or anything.
  10. Try without an overclock as mi1ez suggested and also make your corsair dominator's slow : 1333 mhz with like 14/14/14/30/2t and 1.65 v
  11. Well, I thiink I solve my problem, I cleaned up my computer, uninstalled a bunch of program and things I didn't need, use the drives for my motherboard FROM the CD that came with the motherboard instead of the ones off their website, and I played 2 hours of CSS, played halfway through the Half-Life: Blue shift single player, and BFBC2 for over an hour and I had no shut downs, freezes or weird noises. I'm assuming I fixed it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Windows 7