frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just got a dell inspriron 1200 and have been setting it up. when i click on
control panel i get a box that says "Intel(R) PROSet Resources not
availible" I did a serch and found a folder named "INTEL" in My Documents it
contained a folder named PROSet. I think it might be in the woung place. Can
anybody help.

bar

If you just got it: is it a NEW computer or did you get a used PC with XP
installed?

If it is a new PC call DELL for assistance and they talk you through the
process of making everything right - as they ought to 'cause it's definitely
not setup properly.

If it is used, then hopefully you will have been given the Windows XP
installation CD or the Dell recovery CD set.

My suggestion would be to read up how to use thsi CD set and 'reset' your PC
to a factory fresh condition. That way you can be sure that everything is
going to work properly.

In either case, the PC isn't setup properly and to contiue to use it like
this may invite problems or headache of even greater magnitude.