726 VOICE FILES

I RECENTLY BOUGHT AN MP3/DATA/VOICE RECORDER WHICH PLUGS INTO USB PORT. I
RECORDED SOME VOICE FILES ON IT AND CANNOT DOWNLOAD THEM ONTO MY COMPUTER.
THEY APPEAR TO BE 726 FILES. CAN ANYBODY HELP? I AM USING XP PRO ON MY
DESKTOP COMP. THERE ARE ONLY DRIVERS ON THE DISK THAT CAME WITH THE PLAYER
FOR WIN98.
3 answers Last reply
More about voice files

    Do not use all upper case. It's rude.

    If the install disk for your device only has drivers for Windows 98 it may
    not be compatible with Windows XP. Have you investigated the website of the
    device's manufacturer for XP drivers? Did you record 726 discrete files?

    "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I RECENTLY BOUGHT AN MP3/DATA/VOICE RECORDER WHICH PLUGS INTO USB PORT. I
    > RECORDED SOME VOICE FILES ON IT AND CANNOT DOWNLOAD THEM ONTO MY COMPUTER.
    > THEY APPEAR TO BE 726 FILES. CAN ANYBODY HELP? I AM USING XP PRO ON MY
    > DESKTOP COMP. THERE ARE ONLY DRIVERS ON THE DISK THAT CAME WITH THE
    PLAYER
    > FOR WIN98.

    Sorry about the upper case, first time on.
    Further to my querie. I have now downloaded the voice files but I am unable
    to play them or convert them to another type of file, on the computer. Is
    there a program that would either convert them or play them?

    "Kevin" wrote:

    > Do not use all upper case. It's rude.
    >
    > If the install disk for your device only has drivers for Windows 98 it may
    > not be compatible with Windows XP. Have you investigated the website of the
    > device's manufacturer for XP drivers? Did you record 726 discrete files?
    >
    > "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I RECENTLY BOUGHT AN MP3/DATA/VOICE RECORDER WHICH PLUGS INTO USB PORT. I
    > > RECORDED SOME VOICE FILES ON IT AND CANNOT DOWNLOAD THEM ONTO MY COMPUTER.
    > > THEY APPEAR TO BE 726 FILES. CAN ANYBODY HELP? I AM USING XP PRO ON MY
    > > DESKTOP COMP. THERE ARE ONLY DRIVERS ON THE DISK THAT CAME WITH THE
    > PLAYER
    > > FOR WIN98.

    It's unlikely, unless the MP3 player is an old second hand one.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Kevin wrote:
    > Do not use all upper case. It's rude.
    >
    > If the install disk for your device only has drivers for Windows 98 it may
    > not be compatible with Windows XP. Have you investigated the website of the
    > device's manufacturer for XP drivers? Did you record 726 discrete files?
    >
    > "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I RECENTLY BOUGHT AN MP3/DATA/VOICE RECORDER WHICH PLUGS INTO USB PORT. I
    >>RECORDED SOME VOICE FILES ON IT AND CANNOT DOWNLOAD THEM ONTO MY COMPUTER.
    >>THEY APPEAR TO BE 726 FILES. CAN ANYBODY HELP? I AM USING XP PRO ON MY
    >>DESKTOP COMP. THERE ARE ONLY DRIVERS ON THE DISK THAT CAME WITH THE
    >>PLAYER FOR WIN98.

Windows XP