Can't Install WinXP Home

April 17, 2005 1:44:01 AM

I'm trying to install a full copy of WindowsXP Home Edition on my desktop
computer and keep getting the same blue screen of death:

Session3_Initialization_Failed
*** STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC0000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

First of all, after researching on Microsoft and other websites, everything
I found on the code relates to Windows 2000, not XP Home. I just saw a post
from AndyWalsh on this board from Feb, and it's almost exactly the same
problem as mine. That's the first thing I've found that relates it to XP
Home.

I have a Pentium 4 2.4GHz on a Soyo P4VDA motherboard. I've done
everything I could think of-- I've stripped all hardware from the
motherboard, reflashed with the latest BIOS, tried loading from a new CDROM,
and bought a new HD to load on to. Nothing works. I returned the CD to Best
Buy for a new one and got the same problem with that, so it's not the disk.
I don't know what else to do. Do I need a new motherboard?

I have an old Evaluation disk of Windows 2000, and that will load just fine.
But the XP Home disk will not upgrade 2000--it has to do a full load and
they end with the same message.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Also, I tried to email Microsoft Support
about this, but to do that you need a product ID number. To get this ID, it
has to be installed. I can't do that!! How do you get a PID for a product
you can't install??

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Dave

More about : install winxp home

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 4:50:02 AM

First off,the product id is located on the box or inside it that xp came
with,usually found on a small sticker with a key emblem..How are you
trying to install xp,thru IE,try booting to xp cd,at info screen
select,install
xp,new copy.Also,xp and 2000 are fairly similiar.

"Dave F" wrote:

> I'm trying to install a full copy of WindowsXP Home Edition on my desktop
> computer and keep getting the same blue screen of death:
>
> Session3_Initialization_Failed
> *** STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC0000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
>
> First of all, after researching on Microsoft and other websites, everything
> I found on the code relates to Windows 2000, not XP Home. I just saw a post
> from AndyWalsh on this board from Feb, and it's almost exactly the same
> problem as mine. That's the first thing I've found that relates it to XP
> Home.
>
> I have a Pentium 4 2.4GHz on a Soyo P4VDA motherboard. I've done
> everything I could think of-- I've stripped all hardware from the
> motherboard, reflashed with the latest BIOS, tried loading from a new CDROM,
> and bought a new HD to load on to. Nothing works. I returned the CD to Best
> Buy for a new one and got the same problem with that, so it's not the disk.
> I don't know what else to do. Do I need a new motherboard?
>
> I have an old Evaluation disk of Windows 2000, and that will load just fine.
> But the XP Home disk will not upgrade 2000--it has to do a full load and
> they end with the same message.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?? Also, I tried to email Microsoft Support
> about this, but to do that you need a product ID number. To get this ID, it
> has to be installed. I can't do that!! How do you get a PID for a product
> you can't install??
>
> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
> Dave
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 1:59:02 AM

I have tried both loading after 2000 was running as well as from initial
boot. I even tried formatting my HD and using a new HD--nothing is working!

As for the product ID-- do they want the actual product key?

!