Can't Install WinXP Home

I'm trying to install a full copy of WindowsXP Home Edition on my desktop
computer and keep getting the same blue screen of death:

Session3_Initialization_Failed
*** STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC0000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

First of all, after researching on Microsoft and other websites, everything
I found on the code relates to Windows 2000, not XP Home. I just saw a post
from AndyWalsh on this board from Feb, and it's almost exactly the same
problem as mine. That's the first thing I've found that relates it to XP
Home.

I have a Pentium 4 2.4GHz on a Soyo P4VDA motherboard. I've done
everything I could think of-- I've stripped all hardware from the
motherboard, reflashed with the latest BIOS, tried loading from a new CDROM,
and bought a new HD to load on to. Nothing works. I returned the CD to Best
Buy for a new one and got the same problem with that, so it's not the disk.
I don't know what else to do. Do I need a new motherboard?

I have an old Evaluation disk of Windows 2000, and that will load just fine.
But the XP Home disk will not upgrade 2000--it has to do a full load and
they end with the same message.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Also, I tried to email Microsoft Support
about this, but to do that you need a product ID number. To get this ID, it
has to be installed. I can't do that!! How do you get a PID for a product
you can't install??

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Dave
2 answers Last reply
More about install winxp home

    First off,the product id is located on the box or inside it that xp came
    with,usually found on a small sticker with a key emblem..How are you
    trying to install xp,thru IE,try booting to xp cd,at info screen
    select,install
    xp,new copy.Also,xp and 2000 are fairly similiar.

    "Dave F" wrote:

    > I'm trying to install a full copy of WindowsXP Home Edition on my desktop
    > computer and keep getting the same blue screen of death:
    >
    > Session3_Initialization_Failed
    > *** STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC0000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    >
    > First of all, after researching on Microsoft and other websites, everything
    > I found on the code relates to Windows 2000, not XP Home. I just saw a post
    > from AndyWalsh on this board from Feb, and it's almost exactly the same
    > problem as mine. That's the first thing I've found that relates it to XP
    > Home.
    >
    > I have a Pentium 4 2.4GHz on a Soyo P4VDA motherboard. I've done
    > everything I could think of-- I've stripped all hardware from the
    > motherboard, reflashed with the latest BIOS, tried loading from a new CDROM,
    > and bought a new HD to load on to. Nothing works. I returned the CD to Best
    > Buy for a new one and got the same problem with that, so it's not the disk.
    > I don't know what else to do. Do I need a new motherboard?
    >
    > I have an old Evaluation disk of Windows 2000, and that will load just fine.
    > But the XP Home disk will not upgrade 2000--it has to do a full load and
    > they end with the same message.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?? Also, I tried to email Microsoft Support
    > about this, but to do that you need a product ID number. To get this ID, it
    > has to be installed. I can't do that!! How do you get a PID for a product
    > you can't install??
    >
    > Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
    > Dave

    I have tried both loading after 2000 was running as well as from initial
    boot. I even tried formatting my HD and using a new HD--nothing is working!

    As for the product ID-- do they want the actual product key?

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > First off,the product id is located on the box or inside it that xp came
    > with,usually found on a small sticker with a key emblem..How are you
    > trying to install xp,thru IE,try booting to xp cd,at info screen
    > select,install
    > xp,new copy.Also,xp and 2000 are fairly similiar.
    >
    > "Dave F" wrote:
    >
    > > I'm trying to install a full copy of WindowsXP Home Edition on my desktop
    > > computer and keep getting the same blue screen of death:
    > >
    > > Session3_Initialization_Failed
    > > *** STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC0000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    > >
    > > First of all, after researching on Microsoft and other websites, everything
    > > I found on the code relates to Windows 2000, not XP Home. I just saw a post
    > > from AndyWalsh on this board from Feb, and it's almost exactly the same
    > > problem as mine. That's the first thing I've found that relates it to XP
    > > Home.
    > >
    > > I have a Pentium 4 2.4GHz on a Soyo P4VDA motherboard. I've done
    > > everything I could think of-- I've stripped all hardware from the
    > > motherboard, reflashed with the latest BIOS, tried loading from a new CDROM,
    > > and bought a new HD to load on to. Nothing works. I returned the CD to Best
    > > Buy for a new one and got the same problem with that, so it's not the disk.
    > > I don't know what else to do. Do I need a new motherboard?
    > >
    > > I have an old Evaluation disk of Windows 2000, and that will load just fine.
    > > But the XP Home disk will not upgrade 2000--it has to do a full load and
    > > they end with the same message.
    > >
    > > Does anyone have any suggestions?? Also, I tried to email Microsoft Support
    > > about this, but to do that you need a product ID number. To get this ID, it
    > > has to be installed. I can't do that!! How do you get a PID for a product
    > > you can't install??
    > >
    > > Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
    > > Dave

Microsoft Windows XP