my computer wont start

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

So here's the scenario...
Whenever I try to log on to my desktop, my computer automatically shuts off
about 5 seconds after I log onto my desktop. Right before shutting off, an
MS-DOS window appears on my desktop. It does this every time.

to correct the problem, I have tried accessing my desktop in "safe mode",
but whenever I access the Safe Mode Prompt, my computer won't let me go up to
the Safe Mode option. Basically, whenever I am in the safe mode prompt, the
"Normal Start" is highlighted. I want to use the up/down keys to go up to
"safe mode", but my computer won't let me. Despite all my efforts to move the
highlighter up to Safe Mode, it just stays there. in other words, the up/down
keys on my keyboard stop working when I'm in the safe mode prompt.
And yes, my keyboard does work. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to
access the Safe Mode screen using the F8 key in the first place.

if anyone can hel me with this problem, it would be great
Thanks for hearing me out!

Safe Mode

Last Configuration

Normal Mode

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So here's the scenario...
> Whenever I try to log on to my desktop, my computer automatically
> shuts off
> about 5 seconds after I log onto my desktop. Right before shutting
> off, an
> MS-DOS window appears on my desktop. It does this every time.
>
> to correct the problem, I have tried accessing my desktop in "safe
> mode",
> but whenever I access the Safe Mode Prompt, my computer won't let me
> go up to
> the Safe Mode option. Basically, whenever I am in the safe mode
> prompt, the
> "Normal Start" is highlighted. I want to use the up/down keys to go up
> "safe mode", but my computer won't let me. Despite all my efforts to
> move the
> highlighter up to Safe Mode, it just stays there. in other words, the
> up/down
> keys on my keyboard stop working when I'm in the safe mode prompt.
> And yes, my keyboard does work. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able
> access the Safe Mode screen using the F8 key in the first place.
>
> if anyone can hel me with this problem, it would be great
> Thanks for hearing me out!
>
> Safe Mode
>
> Last Configuration
>
> Normal Mode

If you are using a USB Keyboard, you have to enable "USB Legacy Support"
or something similar in the Computer BIOS. Refer to your Computer's
manual to enter the BIOS.

--
William