Preventing Windows Explorer opening up on Win XP start-up

Every time I open up Windows XP Home, Windows Explorer automatically opens
up showing the following folder:

C:\program files\common

I have run 'msconfig' and tried various tweaks as well as looking at
'start/properties/start menu/customise'; none of which prevents Windows
Explorer being run on start-up.

Grateful is someone could let me know how to prevent Windows Explorer
opening up on start-up.

Thanks

Hi Onetel News,

Download Autoruns from www.sysinternals.com and generate a log file. Post
the contents here.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Onetel News" <helenbrian.jones@onetel.net> wrote in message
> Every time I open up Windows XP Home, Windows Explorer automatically opens
> up showing the following folder:
>
> C:\program files\common
>
> I have run 'msconfig' and tried various tweaks as well as looking at
> 'start/properties/start menu/customise'; none of which prevents Windows
> Explorer being run on start-up.
>
> Grateful is someone could let me know how to prevent Windows Explorer
> opening up on start-up.
>
> Thanks

Hi Onetel News,

Will check that. Anyway, I'd try a trial and error troubleshooting in this
case. Uncheck the following one at a time and logoff/login:

ccApp
Microsoft Works
TkBell
Adobe Reader Speed Launch
DataViz Inc

Additionally, generating a startup applications log using MSINFO32 and
comparing the both will help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q308549/