cannot download files

April 17, 2005 7:27:32 AM

i am using XP with sp2- i have just run windows update
and installed the updates, also i have run norton
antivirus and deleted 2 adwares. since then i cannot
download any files correctly -the downloads always
end/complete prematurely. while using klite k++ also the
download rates are unreasonably high for my dial up
connection (two files at 9kb/s each)then telling me that
the files are complete but on opening them are useless.
has anyone else come across this or know of any fixes?

More about : download files

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 7:04:02 PM

You should use http://www.lavasoft.com for removing adware. Try to restore it
to the state it was in Norton if it has that kind of option, otherwise do it
in XP.
run this command:
start>run>cmd> sfc/scannow

!