i seem to have a problem with my PC in as such that i Cannot delete some
files and it is causing me a real headache . As it seems they may be linked
to a virus or something nasty

Files have the following extensions to them.

AN@ file
AVA File
file
System File
REB File

EVERY time i try to delete these files i cannot as it says cannot read
from the source disk.

I have tried the old faithful of Safe Mode but PC will NOT boot up into it
for some reason.

PLEASE help

clive

have you updated your virus scanner and done and full system scan?

"clive skinner" wrote:

> i seem to have a problem with my PC in as such that i Cannot delete some
> files and it is causing me a real headache . As it seems they may be linked
> to a virus or something nasty
>
> Files have the following extensions to them.
>
> AN@ file
> AVA File
> file
> System File
> REB File
>
> EVERY time i try to delete these files i cannot as it says cannot read
> from the source disk.
>

> I have tried the old faithful of Safe Mode but PC will NOT boot up into it
> for some reason.
>

> PLEASE help
>

> clive

yes i have done all types of scans and they are all clear

virus system file scan check disk scan
even do spyware scans too yet nothing seems to be wrong

"tiiim" <tiiim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> have you updated your virus scanner and done and full system scan?
>
> "clive skinner" wrote:
>
>> i seem to have a problem with my PC in as such that i Cannot delete some
>> files and it is causing me a real headache . As it seems they may be
>> linked
>> to a virus or something nasty
>>
>> Files have the following extensions to them.
>>
>> AN@ file
>> AVA File
>> file
>> System File
>> REB File
>>
>> EVERY time i try to delete these files i cannot as it says cannot read
>> from the source disk.
>>

>> I have tried the old faithful of Safe Mode but PC will NOT boot up into
>> it
>> for some reason.
>>

>> PLEASE help
>>

>> clive

i just hope its nothing worse like someone hijacked your computer or
anything. cannot read from source disk hmmm have you tried a longer "scan
disk" as in tick both of the boxes then it will want to restart your computer?

Try that but i have a feeling it maybe worse... and it is always worrying if
your computer does start in safe mode...!

"clive skinner" wrote:

> yes i have done all types of scans and they are all clear
>
> virus system file scan check disk scan
> even do spyware scans too yet nothing seems to be wrong
>
> "tiiim" <tiiim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > have you updated your virus scanner and done and full system scan?
> >
> > "clive skinner" wrote:
> >
> >> i seem to have a problem with my PC in as such that i Cannot delete some
> >> files and it is causing me a real headache . As it seems they may be
> >> linked
> >> to a virus or something nasty
> >>
> >> Files have the following extensions to them.
> >>
> >> AN@ file
> >> AVA File
> >> file
> >> System File
> >> REB File
> >>
> >> EVERY time i try to delete these files i cannot as it says cannot read
> >> from the source disk.
> >>

> >> I have tried the old faithful of Safe Mode but PC will NOT boot up into
> >> it
> >> for some reason.
> >>

> >> PLEASE help
> >>

> >> clive

ok ill try a deeper scan but i just got a antivirus warning that a
backweb- 8876480.exe
this program was trying to access the net but i know it is part of a
logitech installation program so it isnt viral

im just confused to see that i cannot remove files or folders and that the
PC will NOT start up in safe mode whatever i do to provke the sequence for
safe mode

e.g F8 etc.

>i just hope its nothing worse like someone hijacked your computer or
> anything. cannot read from source disk hmmm have you tried a longer "scan
> disk" as in tick both of the boxes then it will want to restart your
> computer?
>
> Try that but i have a feeling it maybe worse... and it is always worrying
> if
> your computer does start in safe mode...!
>
> "clive skinner" wrote:
>
>> yes i have done all types of scans and they are all clear
>>
>> virus system file scan check disk scan
>> even do spyware scans too yet nothing seems to be wrong
>>
>> "tiiim" <tiiim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > have you updated your virus scanner and done and full system scan?

can you also access the recovery console on start up as well? Cos you could
try fix your computer that way.

Also wot safemode were u doing? without networking or with?

It is a very strange thing with your computer it does seem suspect. On the
other hand it could be something really silly.