Paul

Splendid

I have a WinXP Pro PC and WinXP home PC.

I'm trying to connect using Remote Desktop.

On the WinXP Pro machine i try and connect, entering the IP address of the
WinXP home machine but can't connect. Firewalls have been configured to
allow access but still no luck.

What am i doing wrong!

Hi,

The machine being accessed must be running WinXP Pro. You cannot run a
remote desktop on a WinXP Home machine.

The machine you are accessing it with can be virtually any version of
Windows (XP, 2000, 98, ME), and there is a download available if you do not
have the XP disk handy to install the software from.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone