Access to drive

April 17, 2005 10:53:02 AM

I keep getting a message saying "You dont have access to D:\ drive. See your
administrator,

How do I get access to the drive??

I am using Windows XP with SP2

More about : access drive

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 1:03:02 PM

Is the account you use on your computer an administrator account? You can
figure this out by going to Control Panel, User Accounts. Under your login
name, it should say "Computer Administrator."

"Wombat" wrote:

> I keep getting a message saying "You dont have access to D:\ drive. See your
> administrator,
>
> How do I get access to the drive??
>
> I am using Windows XP with SP2
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 11:29:48 PM

"Wombat" <Wombat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting a message saying "You dont have access to D:\ drive. See
>your
> administrator,
>
> How do I get access to the drive??
>
> I am using Windows XP with SP2

You have to edit the registry,

start>run and type

regedit

Navigate to the following key:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy
Objects\{46F792E2-1BB6-4754-A213-001FDAC883F5}User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Delete "NoViewOnDrive" in the right-hand pane.

--
William
Anonymous

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Wombat" <Wombat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I keep getting a message saying "You dont have access to D:\ drive.
>>See your
>> administrator,
>>
>> How do I get access to the drive??
>>
>> I am using Windows XP with SP2
>

> You have to edit the registry,
>
> start>run and type
>
> regedit
>
> Navigate to the following key:
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy
> Objects\{46F792E2-1BB6-4754-A213-001FDAC883F5}User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
>
> Delete "NoViewOnDrive" in the right-hand pane.

Also there is another key involved,

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

delete "NoViewOnDrive" on the right-hand pane.

--
William