Asus laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack_82

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
hello..my asus laptop wont go into bios or windows..ive try to use the f2,f8,f12 keys but it just the same.when i turn on it just show the asus word on screen.it happen when i set the priority boot to usb..any help please..

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
A somewhat similar thing happened to me after a failed Windows 7 install some times ago, it was stuck on the first screen. That turned out to be a hard disk related problem: when I removed the disk and put it in an external usb enclosure, and format it on another computer, I could put it back and everything went back to normal.

I wouldn't recommend for you to format your hard disk right away, especially because you might have a system recovery partition on the disk. But if you're confident getting it out, you can try this: get it out, and try to go into bios. If it succeeds, set your boot order back to original, and put back the disk.

What model is the laptop? The user guide usually tells which keys are supposed to be pressed for different functions.

zack_82

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
mine was asus a42j..i follow the user guide to use f2 key to reorder the boot priority but it seems doesnt make any effect..it also show that i have to use the f8 keys to recall the system recovery partition but it also doesnt work..actually ive tried all the f function key bt still it dosnt let me go into bios or windows..thanks for the idea..i will try it..

Status
Not open for further replies.