HELP: Cannot display image and Shdoclc.dll

I use IE 6 with Win XP SP2. On some sites, I see a small rectangle box
that says "This page cannot be
displayed" , side by side with other images & text. Right clicking on the
box, & then Properties, I see the box's URL as:
res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/pagerror.gif

This problem seem intermittent or random. Because when I exited IE 6,
reload IE & surfed to that site, the box is gone, with a perfect image
there.

I googled and found that shdoclc.dll refers to Shell Document Object &
Control Library which stores menus, dialog boxes, etc. I also found a
site (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?shdoclc) that offers
downloads for an updated shdoclc. I downloaded that file but dare not
installed it, as I was told
not to mess around with System level files.

Grateful for your advice if there are less invasive surgery to resolve this
intermittent
problem. Many thks

There will be no problem.
But do this instead and see if it works,

start>run>cmd> sfc/scannow