HELP: Cannot display image and Shdoclc.dll

I use IE 6 with Win XP SP2. On some sites, I see a small rectangle box
that says "This page cannot be
displayed" , side by side with other images & text. Right clicking on the
box, & then Properties, I see the box's URL as:
res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/pagerror.gif

This problem seem intermittent or random. Because when I exited IE 6,
reload IE & surfed to that site, the box is gone, with a perfect image
there.

I googled and found that shdoclc.dll refers to Shell Document Object &
Control Library which stores menus, dialog boxes, etc. I also found a
site (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?shdoclc) that offers
downloads for an updated shdoclc. I downloaded that file but dare not
installed it, as I was told
not to mess around with System level files.

Grateful for your advice if there are less invasive surgery to resolve this
intermittent
problem. Many thks
1 answer Last reply
More about help display image shdoclc

    There will be no problem.
    But do this instead and see if it works,

    start>run>cmd> sfc/scannow

    "Jimmy Hsu" wrote:

    > I use IE 6 with Win XP SP2. On some sites, I see a small rectangle box
    > that says "This page cannot be
    > displayed" , side by side with other images & text. Right clicking on the
    > box, & then Properties, I see the box's URL as:
    > res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/pagerror.gif
    >
    > This problem seem intermittent or random. Because when I exited IE 6,
    > reload IE & surfed to that site, the box is gone, with a perfect image
    > there.
    >
    > I googled and found that shdoclc.dll refers to Shell Document Object &
    > Control Library which stores menus, dialog boxes, etc. I also found a
    > site (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?shdoclc) that offers
    > downloads for an updated shdoclc. I downloaded that file but dare not
    > installed it, as I was told
    > not to mess around with System level files.
    >
    > Grateful for your advice if there are less invasive surgery to resolve this
    > intermittent
    > problem. Many thks

Internet Explorer DLL Windows XP