Problem with arabic named files

hi all ... this is puzzling me ....

when am browsing the net i can see all languages clearly. lets say theres a
file i wanna download, and that filename is in arabic characters; i can
clearly read its name on my browser (IE / Firefox) but when i download it to
my PC the filename is in the weird #@!%... characters.

can anyone help plz.

thnx all

You browser setting for downloading fonts is probably disabled in your settings.

IE, tools, Options, advanced, see checkbox. "Enable Install on Demand(other)"
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Loosecannon_Leo" <Loosecannon_Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all ... this is puzzling me ....
>
> when am browsing the net i can see all languages clearly. lets say theres a
> file i wanna download, and that filename is in arabic characters; i can
> clearly read its name on my browser (IE / Firefox) but when i download it to
> my PC the filename is in the weird #@!%... characters.
>
> can anyone help plz.
>
> thnx all

Mark ... thnx for the response ... but the problem aint with the browser or
the web pages... its with any file i actually download to my pc. if the file
name is in arabic then i see funny characters instead of the real actual
name. Although .... if am using msn, irc or yahoo msngr for example... and am
chatting with someone who writes in arabic; i can read the msgs and even
respond/reply in arabic too if i want!