problem with arabic named files

hi all ... this is puzzling me ....

when am browsing the net i can see all languages clearly. lets say theres a
file i wanna download, and that filename is in arabic characters; i can
clearly read its name on my browser (IE / Firefox) but when i download it to
my PC the filename is in the weird #@!%... characters.

can anyone help plz.

thnx all

Byte

You'll need to download and install the IME for Arabic language support.
Arabic Language Support

http://zsigri.tripod.com/fontboard/arablpk.html

"Loosecannon_Leo" wrote:

> hi all ... this is puzzling me ....
>
> when am browsing the net i can see all languages clearly. lets say theres a
> file i wanna download, and that filename is in arabic characters; i can
> clearly read its name on my browser (IE / Firefox) but when i download it to
> my PC the filename is in the weird #@!%... characters.
>
> can anyone help plz.
>
> thnx all

thnx byte ... but just one question plz ...
is there anyway i could check my system to see if this arabic IME is already
there?

"Byte" wrote:

> You'll need to download and install the IME for Arabic language support.
> Arabic Language Support
>
> http://zsigri.tripod.com/fontboard/arablpk.html
>
> "Loosecannon_Leo" wrote:
>
> > hi all ... this is puzzling me ....
> >
> > when am browsing the net i can see all languages clearly. lets say theres a
> > file i wanna download, and that filename is in arabic characters; i can
> > clearly read its name on my browser (IE / Firefox) but when i download it to
> > my PC the filename is in the weird #@!%... characters.
> >
> > can anyone help plz.
> >
> > thnx all

TRENDING THREADS