My Computer Icon is not in Start Menu

April 17, 2005 5:13:01 PM

The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else is there.

--
|8}o
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 8:19:26 PM

Hi,

Right click the taskbar, choose properties. On the Start Menu tab, click
customize. On the advanced tab, go to the start menu items section and
recheck it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else is
> there.
>
> --
> |8}o
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 8:19:27 PM

Thanks, Rick...
It didn't work. I have an XP. I checked and unchecked in Advance in the
Start Menu Customize (There was no reference to My Computer.) Also in the
Classic Start Menu Customize, when I clicked on Advance the Explorer Window
opened. Also, my recent programs do not show, and I don't have a cascade on
my Printer icon. Can you help me reset my Start Menu

Randy

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Right click the taskbar, choose properties. On the Start Menu tab, click
> customize. On the advanced tab, go to the start menu items section and
> recheck it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else is
> > there.
> >
> > --
> > |8}o

April 17, 2005 10:50:49 PM

"irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else is
> there.
>
> --
> |8}o

Policy:Remove My Computer from the Start Menu

You will need to edit the Registry,

Start>Run and type

regedit

Navigate to the following key:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum.

delete the value "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}" in the
right-hand pane.

--
William
Anonymous

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o iB1Lk7QFHA.2932@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> "irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else
>> is there.
>>
>> --
>> |8}o
>

> Policy:Remove My Computer from the Start Menu
>
> You will need to edit the Registry,
>
> Start>Run and type
>
> regedit
>
> Navigate to the following key:
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum.
>
> delete the value "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}" in the
> right-hand pane.

To make the necessary changes to work, you must log off then log back in
or restart.

--
William
Anonymous

Thanks....perfect. I changed the value to 0 instead of deleting....Thanks!!

"WTC" wrote:

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o iB1Lk7QFHA.2932@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > "irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else
> >> is there.
> >>
> >> --
> >

> > Policy:Remove My Computer from the Start Menu
> >
> > You will need to edit the Registry,
> >
> > Start>Run and type
> >
> > regedit
> >
> > Navigate to the following key:
> > HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum.
> >
> > delete the value "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}" in the
> > right-hand pane.
> >

> To make the necessary changes to work, you must log off then log back in
> or restart.
>
> --
> William

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 11:36:24 PM

> Thanks....perfect. I changed the value to 0 instead of
> deleting....Thanks!!

You're welcome

--
William
August 24, 2009 12:29:34 AM

I have this same issue but I cannot find the key you reference. Can you help?
Anonymous
August 28, 2009 6:00:34 PM

Just FYI,

I also had a similar issue, it was caused by having two video cards installed, and it spread my desktp out over both displays even though I was only using one (I am using a dummy plug in order to trick windows into thinking there are two monitors plugged in). The fix for my situation was to go into the display properties, select the 'Settings' tab and select the 2nd monitor, then UN-check the option to 'extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor'

Make sure both options are selected for the #1 monitor, and voila, all is back to normal.

Many people forget to check for changes here when making changes to their video, and it leads to a lot of these issues.
August 29, 2009 4:00:22 AM

I don't have two monitors or video cards.
Anonymous
June 6, 2010 1:47:45 PM

my pc my computer icon is missing i think so this problem is may be created is virus
!