My Computer Icon is not in Start Menu

The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else is there.

--
|8}o
10 answers Last reply
More about computer icon start menu

    Hi,

    Right click the taskbar, choose properties. On the Start Menu tab, click
    customize. On the advanced tab, go to the start menu items section and
    recheck it.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else is
    > there.
    >
    > --
    > |8}o

    Thanks, Rick...
    It didn't work. I have an XP. I checked and unchecked in Advance in the
    Start Menu Customize (There was no reference to My Computer.) Also in the
    Classic Start Menu Customize, when I clicked on Advance the Explorer Window
    opened. Also, my recent programs do not show, and I don't have a cascade on
    my Printer icon. Can you help me reset my Start Menu

    Randy

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Right click the taskbar, choose properties. On the Start Menu tab, click
    > customize. On the advanced tab, go to the start menu items section and
    > recheck it.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else is
    > > there.
    > >
    > > --
    > > |8}o

    "irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else is
    > there.
    >
    > --
    > |8}o

    Policy:Remove My Computer from the Start Menu

    You will need to edit the Registry,

    Start>Run and type

    regedit

    Navigate to the following key:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum.

    delete the value "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}" in the
    right-hand pane.

    --
    William

    "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "irandolph" <irandolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> The My Computer icon is missing from my Start Menu. Everything else
    >> is there.
    >>
    >> --
    >> |8}o
    >

    > Policy:Remove My Computer from the Start Menu
    >
    > You will need to edit the Registry,
    >
    > Start>Run and type
    >
    > regedit
    >
    > Navigate to the following key:
    > HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum.
    >
    > delete the value "{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}" in the
    > right-hand pane.

    To make the necessary changes to work, you must log off then log back in
    or restart.

    --
    William

    Thanks....perfect. I changed the value to 0 instead of deleting....Thanks!!

    > Thanks....perfect. I changed the value to 0 instead of
    > deleting....Thanks!!

    You're welcome

    --
    William
  7. I have this same issue but I cannot find the key you reference. Can you help?

    I also had a similar issue, it was caused by having two video cards installed, and it spread my desktp out over both displays even though I was only using one (I am using a dummy plug in order to trick windows into thinking there are two monitors plugged in). The fix for my situation was to go into the display properties, select the 'Settings' tab and select the 2nd monitor, then UN-check the option to 'extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor'

    Make sure both options are selected for the #1 monitor, and voila, all is back to normal.

    Many people forget to check for changes here when making changes to their video, and it leads to a lot of these issues.
  9. I don't have two monitors or video cards.
  10. my pc my computer icon is missing i think so this problem is may be created is virus

Support Start Menu Microsoft Computers Windows XP