PCI.SYS corrupt

Hi-
Got up today, and my system with XP Pro starts up, goes through POST, the XP
splash screen shows up then it loops through boot sequence again and again.

I tried to enter Safe mode, same result. Also tried XP disc-/fixboot and
/chkdsk, chkdsk found a few errors and otherwise scanned OK but no start
again. Also tried booting from F8 with "Last good config" with same result.

Tried again, and the XP disc says that PCI.SYS is corrupted.

Finally, I start from XP CD, now the system starts setup, but goes to a blue
screen saying "The file pci.sys is corrupted. Press any key to continue." I
press a key and it reboots to the same screen. Can't seem to start repair.

Any ideas how this can be repaired.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about corrupt

    Chris, take a look here
    http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBK/tip5400/rh5410.htm

    > Hi-
    > Got up today, and my system with XP Pro starts up, goes through POST, the
    > XP
    > splash screen shows up then it loops through boot sequence again and
    > again.
    >
    > I tried to enter Safe mode, same result. Also tried XP disc-/fixboot and
    > /chkdsk, chkdsk found a few errors and otherwise scanned OK but no start
    > again. Also tried booting from F8 with "Last good config" with same
    > result.
    >
    > Tried again, and the XP disc says that PCI.SYS is corrupted.
    >
    > Finally, I start from XP CD, now the system starts setup, but goes to a
    > blue
    > screen saying "The file pci.sys is corrupted. Press any key to continue."
    > press a key and it reboots to the same screen. Can't seem to start repair.
    >
    > Any ideas how this can be repaired.
    >
    > Thanks

PCI Windows XP