cannot install microsoft net framework 1.1 service pack 1

i cannot install net framework 1.1 service pack 1. I cannot find a solution
to this. I am puter illiterate and need step by step help. can someone help
me. I keep getting something like a jit debugger when i try to install. I
haven't had this update installed since it came out. pleeease help an idiot.
I have windows xp.
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot install microsoft framework service pack

    zander Wrote:
    > i cannot install net framework 1.1 service pack 1. I cannot find a
    > solution
    > to this. I am puter illiterate and need step by step help. can someone
    > help
    > me. I keep getting something like a jit debugger when i try to install.
    > haven't had this update installed since it came out. pleeease help an
    > idiot.
    > I have windows xp.

    I had trouble installing Net Framework direct from Windows Updates so
    tried downloading from the Microsoft Downloads Centre and saving the
    file to disk before installing. That way you can then shutdown all
    other programmes as you would normally do for a software install. I
    realise you are talking about the service pack but this may work for
    you. The link to the service pack is http://tinyurl.com/6rnvj

    --
    Bertie

    This was recently posted on the WU Newsgroup:

    Courtesy of Pat Walters

    Please try the following:

    Check the My_Computer_Zone has FullTrust permissions enabled:

    1. Click Start
    2. Click Control Panel
    3. Double-click Administrative Tools - Classic View or under Performance and
    Maintenance
    4. Click to select the latest version of the Microsoft .NET Framework
    Configuration tool.
    5. Drill-down to Runtime Security Policy
    6. Then Machine
    7. Then Code Groups
    8. Then Machine
    9. Code Groups
    10. All_Code
    11. Then Right-click on My_Computer_Zone.
    12. Click the Permission Set tab
    13. Verify and/or change permission set to FullTrust.
    14. Reboot the machine
    15. Try the installation once more and see if this works for you.

    If it doesn't work, post to the Windows Update newsgroup:
    or
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

    zander wrote:
    > i cannot install net framework 1.1 service pack 1. I cannot find a
    > solution to this. I am puter illiterate and need step by step help.
    > can someone help me. I keep getting something like a jit debugger
    > when i try to install. I haven't had this update installed since it
    > came out. pleeease help an idiot. I have windows xp.

Framework Microsoft Windows XP