Inside the BMW-designed Thermaltake Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relayer

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
Dusting it will be a bit of a pain, with all the separate parts and tight spaces to get into. It definitely looks cool though and should perform well.

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Great idea to put everything in each module to have its own cooling. however, it might be a bit of trouble to install all of the hardware, and it might run into problem with being a bit cramped, and would a nice aftermarket cooler fit in it ?

gcolefla

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2007
i imagine this will be over $200 if not over $300. The abs canyon has a similar temp chamber concept and its $600 and not designed by BMW. We can hope its under $200 though, especially to have cable management and hot swap hard drive bays like this. I even think my mac friends would think this is a cool design.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
BMW + Thermaltake = $$$$

I don't think any large aftermarket heatsinks will fit... BUT It is pretty cool anyway. Maybe we will get lucky and it will be a reasonable price.

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
I think this looks so awesome. I would love to have one of these.

But I bet this thing will be very expensive.
Innovative new design by BMW...

G

in the 6th picture there is an aftermarket cooler, although not a huge one

G

Basically, with all those fans, everything being pratically external, and all those surfaces it will be a very noisy dust magnet.

Perfect for posers who think image and a badge are more important than cost or actual usefulness/functionality.

Hmm... exactly like BMW cars and their drivers really.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
this case is sexy... and it's a concept design... so i guess it'll cost way out of the range of a regular full tower case.
I prefer a normal big case but this is on is so hot looking and I want one just to keep it and look at it.
I guess i'll wait and hope that 12 or 18 months from now, a similar design with less flaws and much lower price tag will be out.

bmadd

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
Hmm... exactly like BMW cars and their drivers really.

Never owned a BMW have you noIwontsignup?? I do, well my last 3 cars have been BMW. Own one drive it for 6months and realise how well its been engineered, then you go newer and fall in love all over again. You pay the premium for good things and never regret it

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Not interested. Here's the breakdown... Thermaltake $200, BMW design and license $100, $100 hype, and $100 for ignorance. BMW should stick to designing cars. Forget Ferrari - they just badge engineer and make everything red and put up a stupid looking pony. Thermaltake should have hired Porsche Engineering instead. As much as I like futuristic cases... how about someone making a series of cases that look like quality furniture.

logan00

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Id hate to see what a Porche designed case would look like.
They've stuck with the same design for over 20 years including their SUV, that's not what innovation is about. At least BMW is willing to take risks.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Dust bin - check!
Vacuum cleaner - check!
Nightmare to install and upgrade - check!
Nice looking - yeah, that too :)

Best suited for an IT shop / showroom. I'd never use one in my home though... It's just a collection of external enclosures pinned to a panel.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I think this would make for a beautiful HTPC.

The apparent difficulty of upgrading is then somewhat ignored.

Would look sick right between some two foot speakers.

GG BMW. I will not be able to afford this...

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
I would think if BMW and Thermaltake designed it, although most likely expensive, it should be relatively quiet as well. Why manufacture a likely greater than $200 case, just to have it be noisy?

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I really don't think its all that great looking, but props for inovation/creativity. Definately stands out among cases...but i think it will be short lived if it cannot live up to enthusiasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.