Jamma 39 in 1 Newbie Questions

Hi All-

I'm a newbie to game collecting, so please bear with me.

I recently purchased (a probably overpriced) cocktail cabinet
containing the 39-in-1 "Game Never Over" Jamma Board, and have a few
questions for those of you who may have a similar system:

1) Resetting High Scores- I have this enabled in the PCB DIP Switches,
and am able to "reset" them in setup mode, however certain high scores
aren't saved when I turn the unit off and on; specifically, Donkey
Kong. Also, Qix remembers the score but not my initials. Is there an
update that will fix this?

2) I'm having a hard time with the screen occassionally, when I power
off and power on to enter the system setup. The screen seems to loose
vertial and horizontal hold and I have to turn the unit off and back on
real quick for it to work. Any ideas?

3) I know some of the games don't function exactly like the originals;
i.e. Centipede's controller. I also notice some weird sounds eminating
from Qix. Again, any ideas?

I would appreciate any open discussion on these topics from you
experts. (I've read some of the review posts already) I'd especially
like to know what updates are available- how I can get them- and if I
made a good choice in my purchase. (Which I see I could have probably
built from scratch much cheaper, but I do get a 180 day warranty)

Thanks a Bunch!
Ed

The board is what it is but is a good deal for the price. Recently these
boards have been selling for around $450USD so you get a good bang for the
dollar. The cabinet kits are around $300, monitor $200, wire harness $20,
isolation transformer $10-$30 used, control panels $45, Artwork around $100,
top glass $100. Then you have to add in labour and time.

A fair price would be around $1400-1800 for a complete new cocktail with the
board.

If it was a refubished bally cocktail then $900-$1200 would be a fair price.

Michael

"gamer" <gamer@ededitedit.com> wrote in message
> Hi All-
>
> I'm a newbie to game collecting, so please bear with me.
>
> I recently purchased (a probably overpriced) cocktail cabinet
> containing the 39-in-1 "Game Never Over" Jamma Board, and have a few
> questions for those of you who may have a similar system:
>
> 1) Resetting High Scores- I have this enabled in the PCB DIP Switches,
> and am able to "reset" them in setup mode, however certain high scores
> aren't saved when I turn the unit off and on; specifically, Donkey
> Kong. Also, Qix remembers the score but not my initials. Is there an
> update that will fix this?
>
> 2) I'm having a hard time with the screen occassionally, when I power
> off and power on to enter the system setup. The screen seems to loose
> vertial and horizontal hold and I have to turn the unit off and back on
> real quick for it to work. Any ideas?
>
> 3) I know some of the games don't function exactly like the originals;
> i.e. Centipede's controller. I also notice some weird sounds eminating
> from Qix. Again, any ideas?
>
> I would appreciate any open discussion on these topics from you
> experts. (I've read some of the review posts already) I'd especially
> like to know what updates are available- how I can get them- and if I
> made a good choice in my purchase. (Which I see I could have probably
> built from scratch much cheaper, but I do get a 180 day warranty)
>
> Thanks a Bunch!
> Ed

Thanks for the response, Michael. From your earlier review, you
mentioned you would be able to save high scores. Do you know if the
scores remain even after you power off the system? I'm trying to
figure out if this is just a future enhancemennt of the card- or an
issue with mine. If anyone else out there has this card, let me know.
Thanks again!