MSCONFIG does not apply setting

eden

Champion
Everytime I boot my comp after a previous session in msconfig, it gives me that window asking if I want to stop MSconfig from launching everytime I configure something and reboot. I keep checking the option, and each time it STILL happens!

Does anybody know how I can make sure msconfig does not bother me once I have used it and rebooted?

--
If I could see the Matrix, I'd tell you I am only seeing 0s inside your head! :tongue:

Well you're not by yourself on this one, I tried everything I could think of to resolve it to no avail, I finally set it back to let Windows manage it, to shut the stinking thing up, its very irritating. How're you doing besides that Eden? We've got another movie coming soon to critique, Terminator 3, previews look pretty good.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

Have you used TweakUI, you can download it from Microsofts XP Power Toys, and probably accomplish the same thing with no problems, it kinda like bypassing MSCONFIG for some of the tweaks.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>

eden

Champion
I finally set it back to let Windows manage it, to shut the stinking thing up,
How and where did you do that?

How're you doing besides that Eden? We've got another movie coming soon to critique, Terminator 3, previews look pretty good.
Heheh, I've yet to go see Hulk. I want to, but am waiting on a friend to get his ticket money. We SHOULD see it soon.

T3, shall see it too.
I was thinking Charlie's Angels too, not sure though.
Many movies to come out as well.

--
If I could see the Matrix, I'd tell you I am only seeing 0s inside your head! :tongue:

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I haven’t use msconfig in awhile, and at the moment I’m on a dial up and would take for ever to get back here, so I’m not going to test it, but I believe I just close it out, or cancel.

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.

James35

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
When it happened to me it was due to the windows messenger coming back on at reboot. so msconfig was trying to shut it down while it was starting up. i just killed winmess. and rebooted and for some reason it stopped. but you may wanna try figure out what program is insisting on starting up and kill it thru task manager then disable it thru the registy. then it should go away.