I am looking for a laptop or netbook for travelling purpose. I dont want those heavy, bulky 15" ones. But i want them to have good performance for their size & price.
I also considered buying a tablet pc but i want to use windows applications which cannot run fully on an Android (correct me if i am wrong)
Following are the requirements:-
1. What is your budget?
A. $380 or INR 20000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
A. 14" or less
3. What screen resolution do you want?
A. 1024x768 or 1336x768
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
A. Portable Laptop
5. How much battery life do you need?
A. 2-3 hrs
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
A. Yes. Basic games like Angry Birds, Cricket07, Fifa09 at Medium settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
A. Watch HD Movies, Encoding movies, Internet, Microsoft Office, etc.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
A. 250Gb +
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
A. As long as possible.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
A. None or DVD ROM/Writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
A. I like: ASUS & Lenovo for their better hardware & performance at cheap price.
I DISLIKE: Dell, HP for their over expensive products
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
A. Following links i filtered according to my preferences:
First of all, here in the US you can find an i3 for $380, try doing that in India.
Second, APU's don't have enough CPU power. Both HD Graphics and Radeon are able to handle HD video and very light gaming, but Pentium is the better choice overall.