Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Keyboard stops responding during winXP install

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Keyboards
  • Windows XP
April 18, 2005 4:31:25 AM

I keep running into the same problem of the p/s2 keyboard quits responding
after a couple seconds of no input, when trying to install WinXP. The
keyboard is the Microsoft ergonomic type that's humped in the middle. I
don't have another keyboard to try in its place. My MoBo is an Epox EP-8KTA2
with KT133 AGP via chip set. The keyboard works just fine within the BIOS
setup.
Any ideas how to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Bennett

More about : keyboard stops responding winxp install

Anonymous
April 18, 2005 4:31:26 AM

may be bad circuitry behind the ps2 connector or a bad keyboard. You
know enough about computesr to have a few keyboard lying around
surely!!
Fixing computer problems requires more than one of each type of
component.
you sohuld have another cheap ps2 keyboard, and a usb keyboard as well.

As regards the problem, i've never encountered it. All my problems have
been wuth usb keyb/mouse on old computers.