need help pleaze

here are my problems when i turn on my computer every thing goes fine. then
my computer is starting and bring up blank box that has a heading of windows
picture and fax viewer. i then have to right click and hit run as for the
programs to run. this happens with all. 2-i cant even acess control panel
items because when i hit control panel the same thing happens. 3- i cant do
a system restore i go into it and have no restore points for last month or
prior to april 7 the day this problem occured. when the system restarts the
process starts all over agian. how to i get it back to the way it was when
the computer just turns on and items open when i click on them

johnf

Download or install your AV program.
Search the NG for the most popular scanners - eg., Spybot.
Lesson 1 - which most don't bother to do
Get your system completely up & running; then (and not before) activate your
AV of you're choice.
Run Spybot to clean your system
Them & only then, connect to the I'net.

--

johnf

> here are my problems when i turn on my computer every thing goes fine.
> then my computer is starting and bring up blank box that has a heading
> of windows picture and fax viewer. i then have to right click and hit
> run as for the programs to run. this happens with all. 2-i cant even
> acess control panel items because when i hit control panel the same
> thing happens. 3- i cant do a system restore i go into it and have no
> restore points for last month or prior to april 7 the day this problem
> occured. when the system restarts the process starts all over agian.
> how to i get it back to the way it was when the computer just turns on
> and items open when i click on them

i have an av program i ran a scan and there is no virus or anything. i am
not even on the internet when the problem occurs.

"johnf" wrote:

> Download or install your AV program.
> Search the NG for the most popular scanners - eg., Spybot.
> Lesson 1 - which most don't bother to do
> Get your system completely up & running; then (and not before) activate your
> AV of you're choice.
> Run Spybot to clean your system
> Them & only then, connect to the I'net.
>
> --
>
> johnf
>
> > here are my problems when i turn on my computer every thing goes fine.
> > then my computer is starting and bring up blank box that has a heading
> > of windows picture and fax viewer. i then have to right click and hit
> > run as for the programs to run. this happens with all. 2-i cant even
> > acess control panel items because when i hit control panel the same
> > thing happens. 3- i cant do a system restore i go into it and have no
> > restore points for last month or prior to april 7 the day this problem
> > occured. when the system restarts the process starts all over agian.
> > how to i get it back to the way it was when the computer just turns on
> > and items open when i click on them

johnf

Well, that was a waste of time, wasn't it :)
I have a feeling that you'll have to do a Repair/Reinstall from the XP CD,
then run - if you have it, SP2, then go to Windows Update & install the
later releeased udates.
Otherwise, take it to a reputed PC shop & cry help - but be prepared to pay
for it.

Anyone have any better ideas?