how to unlock 8390 gprs settings?

Last response: in Network Providers
April 7, 2004 9:25:37 PM

hello guys

i've been with fido for more than 3 years now.
i am using a nokia 8390 that was locked to rogers.
i unlocked it and it is working just fine on fido :)
i can not change the gprs settings though :(
they are always set to gorogers...
is there a way to change this?

thanks!

btw I went to the main fido store here in vancouver and the service
technician said that there was nothing he could do about it...
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 8:46:21 AM

If you bring it (with an unbranded faceplate) with your Fido chip in it to
the Fido flagship store, and ask for a (free!) software upgrade, they'll
flash it to the Fido branded software. So long as they don't figure out
you're passing a Rogers phone on their free software upgrade
program. I did it with my SE t200.

Good luck!

CU

"maltchev" <maltchev@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hello guys
>
> i've been with fido for more than 3 years now.
> i am using a nokia 8390 that was locked to rogers.
> i unlocked it and it is working just fine on fido :)
> i can not change the gprs settings though :(
> they are always set to gorogers...
> is there a way to change this?
>
> thanks!
>
> btw I went to the main fido store here in vancouver and the service
> technician said that there was nothing he could do about it...

April 9, 2004 3:48:28 AM

> i've been with fido for more than 3 years now.
> i am using a nokia 8390 that was locked to rogers.
> i unlocked it and it is working just fine on fido :)
> i can not change the gprs settings though :(
> they are always set to gorogers...

Some dudes said that while they could not change the
GoRogers settings, they could add other GPRS profiles
and select those instead. I can add two other
profiles on my Rogers 3595.

Otherwise, you will need to get the phone flashed
with generic firmware.
Anonymous
April 11, 2004 10:37:21 AM

i was reading on the net that flashing the phone won't change the gprs
settings lock :(
can anybody confirm this?
!