Win 98SE PC. Possible "XURON55" Trojan

Rudy

Any ideas where/who I can ask about this possible TROJAN I may have got from
a NG D/L.

Googled for it but found only one reference to it in German website saying
it was a Trojan..
Also ran AdawareSE, SPYBOT S&D (all slowed to a 1/2 - 3/4HR 'crawl')
Spycatcher and CW shredder to no avail.

I ran Hijack This but cant understand all the results..none which seem to
mention XURON.

A word search on the C drive turns up "XURON" in a Muscimatch "Windows
Startup" music file, 2 Windows Media Player mpg files and all over in my HP
Help files ( 20?) directory...helllp!

Rudy

Hi Rudy,

Try Trend Micro's Sysclean package (free), it's capable of eliminating
keyloggers, trojans etc. Full instructions at:

Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

Trend Micro Sysclean package
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP