help please.

curtis

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

I have a problem with my display properites. I only have the screen saver and
display tab in the properties window. they diappered after i got infacted
with some stubern spyware, and trojen horses. can someone tell me how to fix
it with out refomating the hard drive? I have already used the repair funtion
on the disk.
thanks curt

"Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem with my display properites. I only have the screen
>saver and
> display tab in the properties window. they diappered after i got
> infacted
> with some stubern spyware, and trojen horses. can someone tell me how
> to fix
> it with out refomating the hard drive? I have already used the repair
> funtion
> on the disk.
> thanks curt

You need to do some Registry Changes.

Start>run and type

regedit

Navigatre to the following keys:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
Delete "NoDispAppearancePage" in the right-hand pane.
Delete "NoDispBackgroundPage" in the right-hand pane.
Delete "NoDispSettingsPage" in the right-hand pane.

Navigate to the following key:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
Delete "NoThemeTab" in the right-hand pane.

--
William

curtis

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

"WTC" wrote:

> "Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a problem with my display properites. I only have the screen
> >saver and
> > display tab in the properties window. they diappered after i got
> > infacted
> > with some stubern spyware, and trojen horses. can someone tell me how
> > to fix
> > it with out refomating the hard drive? I have already used the repair
> > funtion
> > on the disk.
> > thanks curt
>

> You need to do some Registry Changes.
>
> Start>run and type
>
> regedit
>
> Navigatre to the following keys:
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
> Delete "NoDispAppearancePage" in the right-hand pane.
> Delete "NoDispBackgroundPage" in the right-hand pane.
> Delete "NoDispSettingsPage" in the right-hand pane.
>
> Navigate to the following key:
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
> Delete "NoThemeTab" in the right-hand pane.
>
> --
> William

thanks it work just fine.

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "Curtis" <Curtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a problem with my display properites. I only have the screen
>> >saver and
>> > display tab in the properties window. they diappered after i got
>> > infacted
>> > with some stubern spyware, and trojen horses. can someone tell me
>> > how
>> > to fix
>> > it with out refomating the hard drive? I have already used the
>> > repair
>> > funtion
>> > on the disk.
>> > thanks curt
>>

>> You need to do some Registry Changes.
>>
>> Start>run and type
>>
>> regedit
>>
>> Navigatre to the following keys:
>> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
>> Delete "NoDispAppearancePage" in the right-hand pane.
>> Delete "NoDispBackgroundPage" in the right-hand pane.
>> Delete "NoDispSettingsPage" in the right-hand pane.
>>
>> Navigate to the following key:
>> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
>> Delete "NoThemeTab" in the right-hand pane.
>>

>thanks it work just fine.

You're welcome.

--
William