  • Support
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 18, 2005 10:04:06 AM

Hello all,

Can anyone help after reinstalling XPpro I cant get access to some of my
word docs I get the message that I am not the user that created the doc. But
I am the only user and always have been.

TIA.

George.

More about : open word doc reinstall

April 18, 2005 10:04:07 AM

In news:q5I8e.92509$C12.77025@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk,
George Gosbee <georgegosbee@blueyonder.co.uk> had this to say:

> Hello all,
>
> Can anyone help after reinstalling XPpro I cant get access to some of
> my word docs I get the message that I am not the user that created
> the doc. But I am the only user and always have been.
>
> TIA.
>
> George.

Does this help?

How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

Galen