Cant open word doc after xp reinstall?

Hello all,

Can anyone help after reinstalling XPpro I cant get access to some of my
word docs I get the message that I am not the user that created the doc. But
I am the only user and always have been.

TIA.

George.
1 answer Last reply
More about cant open word reinstall

    In news:q5I8e.92509$C12.77025@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk,
    George Gosbee <georgegosbee@blueyonder.co.uk> had this to say:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Can anyone help after reinstalling XPpro I cant get access to some of
    > my word docs I get the message that I am not the user that created
    > the doc. But I am the only user and always have been.
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > George.

    Does this help?

    How to Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

    Galen

Support Microsoft Windows XP