Not able to access user accounts

I just installed the latest round of XP updates on my system. After
re-booting the computer all I get is the nice 2-tone blue screen with the
windows logo in it. There are no accounts listed (I have 4 on the system).
Even in safe mode, it doesn't get past the logo.

I definately need help with this one.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about access user accounts

    Hi,

    Hi F8 as WinXP first begins to load, this should get you the boot menu. Try
    choosing the last known good configuration.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "BJ Smith" <BJ Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just installed the latest round of XP updates on my system. After
    > re-booting the computer all I get is the nice 2-tone blue screen with the
    > windows logo in it. There are no accounts listed (I have 4 on the system).
    > Even in safe mode, it doesn't get past the logo.
    >
    > I definately need help with this one.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Rick.

    Unfortunately that didn't work. I really don't want to have to re-build the
    system, but its not looking good.

    Thanks

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Hi F8 as WinXP first begins to load, this should get you the boot menu. Try
    > choosing the last known good configuration.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "BJ Smith" <BJ Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I just installed the latest round of XP updates on my system. After
    > > re-booting the computer all I get is the nice 2-tone blue screen with the
    > > windows logo in it. There are no accounts listed (I have 4 on the system).
    > > Even in safe mode, it doesn't get past the logo.
    > >
    > > I definately need help with this one.
    > >
    > > Thanks

    Try CHKDSK from the Recovery Console.

    Brian

    Hi,

    First try as Brian has mentioned by booting the WinXP CD and loading the
    Recovery Console. Run chkdsk C: /r from the prompt.

    HOW TO: Install and Use the Recovery Console in Windows XP [Q307654]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307654

    If that fails, then I would try replacing the existing registry with a
    backup, use the steps here:

    How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry [Q307545]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545

    --

    > Hi Rick.
    >
    > Unfortunately that didn't work. I really don't want to have to re-build
    > the
    > system, but its not looking good.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Hi F8 as WinXP first begins to load, this should get you the boot menu.
    >> Try
    >> choosing the last known good configuration.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best of Luck,

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >>
    >> "BJ Smith" <BJ Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I just installed the latest round of XP updates on my system. After
    >> > re-booting the computer all I get is the nice 2-tone blue screen with
    >> > the
    >> > windows logo in it. There are no accounts listed (I have 4 on the
    >> > system).
    >> > Even in safe mode, it doesn't get past the logo.
    >> >
    >> > I definately need help with this one.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks

Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP