SPRINT/FIDO Bundle Deal -Canada

Last response: in Network Providers
a b F Wireless
April 9, 2004 4:40:19 AM

I'm looking for some information on the bundle deal from Sprint that teams
up with the Fido plan. I currently have a home line from Sprint (pay about
$32 Cdn) and want to switch from Rogers AT&T Pay as You Go service to the
bundle for $44.95.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good idea? I'd have to buy their $40 VTech
A700 phone.

This is the deal in more detail:

Basic Combo with your Home Phone Service from $44.95/month
For light usage. A simple plan for the occasional user including

150 Anytime wireless minutes.
3 Wireless Calling Features including: Call Waiting, Call Forwarding,
Conference Call.
Your choice of additional Wireless Calling Features. The perfect plan
designed to meet your basic Wireless needs.
Prices are subject to applicable taxes and a system access fee of $6.95

This is the first time I'm buying my own phone and want it to be affordable.
Thank to all who reply.
April 9, 2004 6:22:53 PM

I! wrote:
> I'm looking for some information on the bundle deal from Sprint that teams
> up with the Fido plan. I currently have a home line from Sprint (pay about
> $32 Cdn) and want to switch from Rogers AT&T Pay as You Go service to the
> bundle for $44.95.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this is a good idea? I'd have to buy their $40 VTech
> A700 phone.
>
> This is the deal in more detail:
>
> Basic Combo with your Home Phone Service from $44.95/month
> For light usage. A simple plan for the occasional user including
>
> 150 Anytime wireless minutes.
> 3 Wireless Calling Features including: Call Waiting, Call Forwarding,
> Conference Call.
> Your choice of additional Wireless Calling Features. The perfect plan
> designed to meet your basic Wireless needs.
> Prices are subject to applicable taxes and a system access fee of $6.95
>
> This is the first time I'm buying my own phone and want it to be affordable.
> Thank to all who reply.

It's a good deal, considering its about 13 dollars more (plus an
additional 2-3 dollars SAF, plus taxes of course). So, for about 15-16
dollars more, you get 150 minutes plus CID and voicemail (or text
messaging, but only 30 free send/receive). You should make sure you are
well covered by fido in the areas you plan to use your phone, since you
must sign up for a 2 year committment. You might want to try out fido
prepaid for a month to see if you you get good coverage.

Also, the choice of phones with Sprint is not that great. I think the
Siemens (only 10 dollars more) is a better choice then the Vtech, IMO.
IF you already have an unlocked GSM phone, you could just buy the SIM
from Sprint for 25 dollars.

George
!