Missing/corrupt file in Control Panel

Hi all,

When I go to Add/Remove Programs in the program, I get the following error:

An unexpected error occurred.
The object does not support the method or property.
res://sp3res.dll/default.hta
Line: 82

And I can't see the installed programs.

Any way to repair this error?

Thanks,
Ivan
3 answers Last reply
More about missing corrupt file control panel

    In news:uuzBDZARFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    Ivan Debono <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > When I go to Add/Remove Programs in the program, I get the following
    > error:
    >
    > An unexpected error occurred.
    > The object does not support the method or property.
    > res://sp3res.dll/default.hta
    > Line: 82
    >
    > And I can't see the installed programs.
    >
    > Any way to repair this error?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ivan

    I am not 100% certain so please provide feedback:

    Download this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en

    Install/run it. Try going to add/remove again?

    Galen

    "Ivan Debono" wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > When I go to Add/Remove Programs in the program, I get the following error:
    >
    > An unexpected error occurred.
    > The object does not support the method or property.
    > res://sp3res.dll/default.hta
    > Line: 82
    >
    > And I can't see the installed programs.
    >
    > Any way to repair this error?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ivan

    Line 323 left side

    Downloaded, installed, rebooted, retried and it failed just the same.

    I'm running out of ideas now :(

    Any more fresh ones??

    Ivan

    "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > In news:uuzBDZARFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    > Ivan Debono <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > When I go to Add/Remove Programs in the program, I get the following
    > > error:
    > >
    > > An unexpected error occurred.
    > > The object does not support the method or property.
    > > res://sp3res.dll/default.hta
    > > Line: 82
    > >
    > > And I can't see the installed programs.
    > >
    > > Any way to repair this error?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Ivan
    >
    > I am not 100% certain so please provide feedback:
    >
    > Download this:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&displaylang=en

    > Install/run it. Try going to add/remove again?
    >
    > Galen
    > --
    > Signature changed for a moment of silence.
    > Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.

Control Panel Support Microsoft Windows XP