Missing/corrupt file in Control Panel

April 18, 2005 5:08:47 PM

Hi all,

When I go to Add/Remove Programs in the program, I get the following error:

An unexpected error occurred.
The object does not support the method or property.
res://sp3res.dll/default.hta
Line: 82

And I can't see the installed programs.

Any way to repair this error?

Thanks,
Ivan
April 18, 2005 5:08:48 PM

In news:uuzBDZARFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Ivan Debono <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Hi all,
>
> When I go to Add/Remove Programs in the program, I get the following
> error:
>
> An unexpected error occurred.
> The object does not support the method or property.
> res://sp3res.dll/default.hta
> Line: 82
>
> And I can't see the installed programs.
>
> Any way to repair this error?
>
> Thanks,
> Ivan

I am not 100% certain so please provide feedback:

Download this:

Install/run it. Try going to add/remove again?

Galen
April 18, 2005 5:08:48 PM

"Ivan Debono" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I go to Add/Remove Programs in the program, I get the following error:
>
> An unexpected error occurred.
> The object does not support the method or property.
> res://sp3res.dll/default.hta
> Line: 82
>
> And I can't see the installed programs.
>
> Any way to repair this error?
>
> Thanks,
> Ivan

Line 323 left side
April 18, 2005 5:56:45 PM

Downloaded, installed, rebooted, retried and it failed just the same.

I'm running out of ideas now :(

Any more fresh ones??

Ivan

!