Bad seller alert !!! GI Electronics

Ralph

Use Caution when buying from GI Electronics , Westminster, CA
(www.gielectronics.com) They must have the worst customer service in
history.

I ordered a few parts from them and here is what happened

the parts were ordered from their website (everything seemed fine)
almost 2 weeks passed and I had no parts and no order confirmation so I
called my credit card to see if I had been charged and I had not.
However I still needed the parts. I tried to call the phone number on
the website and it kept going into the voice mail of a nextel phone,
the message on the voice mail only gave the phone number no company
name or warm and fuzzy greeting. Then I started sending them E-mail
every day. after the 3rd day they replyed saying that they had just
charged my credit card and that it takes a lot of time to find parts in
thier warehouse as they have almost 10,000 parts. they also said that
they would be sending my parts out the next day , that was 2 weeks ago
and still no parts. they will not answer any e-mails, don't answer the
phone and ahve changed thier website to say they are moving into a
larger warehouse.

Yes I know that I got screwed but please do not let this happen to you

It doesn't sound good, but if their website says they are moving into as
larger warehouse, maybe they are just out of whack due to the move. You can
also call your credit card company and challenge the charge.

Good warning! I'll stick to my usual sources.

Bill

> Use Caution when buying from GI Electronics , Westminster, CA
> (www.gielectronics.com) They must have the worst customer service in
> history.
>
> I ordered a few parts from them and here is what happened
>
> the parts were ordered from their website (everything seemed fine)
> almost 2 weeks passed and I had no parts and no order confirmation so I
> called my credit card to see if I had been charged and I had not.
> However I still needed the parts. I tried to call the phone number on
> the website and it kept going into the voice mail of a nextel phone,
> the message on the voice mail only gave the phone number no company
> name or warm and fuzzy greeting. Then I started sending them E-mail
> every day. after the 3rd day they replyed saying that they had just
> charged my credit card and that it takes a lot of time to find parts in
> thier warehouse as they have almost 10,000 parts. they also said that
> they would be sending my parts out the next day , that was 2 weeks ago
> and still no parts. they will not answer any e-mails, don't answer the
> phone and ahve changed thier website to say they are moving into a
> larger warehouse.
>
> Yes I know that I got screwed but please do not let this happen to you

Can't say enough good things about Rose Electronics:

http://www.roseelectronicsinc.com/

- Craig

In article <1111620464.481303.43830@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Ralph <rgordo1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>Use Caution when buying from GI Electronics , Westminster, CA
>(www.gielectronics.com) They must have the worst customer service in
>history.

I ordered from them about a month ago. I got my part, but I wasn't
pleased with their service either.

I was looking for a custom arcade IC and found their site through
Google. Their site claimed tosell the IC but it didn't really give me
the impression of an active site so I emailed them to see if they
really had the chip. I wasn't going to place an order until they
confirmed they had them. After *two weeks* they finally replied to my
email and told me they had hundreds of them, so I went ahead and
ordered. But I did it on my credit card. In case there were problems I
could call the credit card company and get my money back.

Two more weeks go by after I order and so I email them and ask when
they are going to get around to shipping. After a couple of days of
waiting I get back some BS about the chip must have been lost in
shipping, they are going to try to track it down and find out what
happened. A couple days after that I get an email that the shipper
lost it and they will send another. That's when they actually shipped
it and I got it a couple days after that.

--
Please see my arcade and pinball items for sale:
http://www.videoracer.com/forsale/

Ralph

well I got a small part of my order over the weekend. I placed a $40
plus shipping order and got $2 worth of the order, Guess I just learned
a $38 lesson.

I have stil been unable to get them on the phone , all I get is the
voice mail to a nextel phone.