Context Menu Extra help please

Im not sure how or why but "search has been added to the top of my context
menus for file folders. I have read all related threads (i think) and i can't
find the reg key to rid this burden....The folder is iTunes music (desktop
shortcut) the context menu contains..
SEARCH, Add to winamps bookmark list and a heap of winrar options, etc etc
all i want is OPEN and Explore..

If you wanna talk to me direct add a at hotmail to the end of my username to
get mymessenger address...

"jason989" <jason989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im not sure how or why but "search has been added to the top of my
> context
> menus for file folders. I have read all related threads (i think) and
> i can't
> find the reg key to rid this burden....The folder is iTunes music
> (desktop
> shortcut) the context menu contains..
> SEARCH, Add to winamps bookmark list and a heap of winrar options, etc
> etc
> all i want is OPEN and Explore..
>
> If you wanna talk to me direct add a at hotmail to the end of my
> username to
> get mymessenger address...

Hi Check these registry entries.

Start>Run and type
regedit

Navigate to:
HKCR\Folder\Shell
Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
value is blank (value not set). If not delete the default key.

HKCR\Drive\shell
Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
value is "none". If not modify the value of the default key to "none".
Do not include the "".

HKCR\Directory\shell

--
William

"WTC" wrote:

> "jason989" <jason989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Im not sure how or why but "search has been added to the top of my
> > context
> > menus for file folders. I have read all related threads (i think) and
> > i can't
> > find the reg key to rid this burden....The folder is iTunes music
> > (desktop
> > shortcut) the context menu contains..
> > SEARCH, Add to winamps bookmark list and a heap of winrar options, etc
> > etc
> > all i want is OPEN and Explore..
> >
> > If you wanna talk to me direct add a at hotmail to the end of my
> > username to
> > get mymessenger address...
>

> Hi Check these registry entries.
>
> Start>Run and type
> regedit
>
> Navigate to:
> HKCR\Folder\Shell
> Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
> value is blank (value not set). If not delete the default key.
>
> HKCR\Drive\shell
> Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
> value is "none". If not modify the value of the default key to "none".
> Do not include the "".
>
> HKCR\Directory\shell
> Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
> value is "none". If not modify the value of the default key to "none".
> Do not include the "".
>
> --
> William
>

> Thanks for your help William...

Unfortuantly this did not rid the "search" whick is the main problem because
it's put itself at the top of the context menu, meaning if i double click
file folders a "search" will open instead of the folder.

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "jason989" <jason989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Im not sure how or why but "search has been added to the top of my
>> > context
>> > menus for file folders. I have read all related threads (i think)
>> > and
>> > i can't
>> > find the reg key to rid this burden....The folder is iTunes music
>> > (desktop
>> > shortcut) the context menu contains..
>> > SEARCH, Add to winamps bookmark list and a heap of winrar options,
>> > etc
>> > etc
>> > all i want is OPEN and Explore..
>> >
>> > If you wanna talk to me direct add a at hotmail to the end of my
>> > username to
>> > get mymessenger address...
>>
>> Hi Check these registry entries.
>>
>> Start>Run and type
>> regedit
>>
>> Navigate to:
>> HKCR\Folder\Shell
>> Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
>> value is blank (value not set). If not delete the default key.
>>
>> HKCR\Drive\shell
>> Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
>> value is "none". If not modify the value of the default key to
>> "none".
>> Do not include the "".
>>
>> HKCR\Directory\shell
>> Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
>> value is "none". If not modify the value of the default key to
>> "none".
>> Do not include the "".
>>
> Thanks for your help William...
>
> Unfortuantly this did not rid the "search" whick is the main problem
> because
> it's put itself at the top of the context menu, meaning if i double
> click
> file folders a "search" will open instead of the folder.

Start>Run and type

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

That should fix your problem.

--
William

"WTC" wrote:

> "jason989" <jason989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "WTC" wrote:
> >
> >> "jason989" <jason989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Hi Check these registry entries.
> >>
> >> Start>Run and type
> >> regedit
> >>
> >> Navigate to:
> >> HKCR\Folder\Shell
> >> Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
> >> value is blank (value not set). If not delete the default key.
> >>
> >> HKCR\Drive\shell
> >> Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
> >> value is "none". If not modify the value of the default key to
> >> "none".
> >> Do not include the "".
> >>
> >> HKCR\Directory\shell
> >> Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure the
> >> value is "none". If not modify the value of the default key to
> >> "none".
> >> Do not include the "".
> >>
> > Thanks for your help William...
> >
> > Unfortuantly this did not rid the "search" whick is the main problem
> > because
> > it's put itself at the top of the context menu, meaning if i double
> > click
> > file folders a "search" will open instead of the folder.
>

> Start>Run and type
>
> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
>
> That should fix your problem.
>
> --
> William
>
> YEAH...WILL WILL HES MY MAN IF HE WONT DO IT NO ONE >>>>>WILL!!
Thanks a billion william.......

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "jason989" <jason989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Thanks for your help William...
>> >
>> > Unfortuantly this did not rid the "search" whick is the main
>> > problem
>> > because
>> > it's put itself at the top of the context menu, meaning if i double
>> > click
>> > file folders a "search" will open instead of the folder.
>>

>> Start>Run and type
>>
>> regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
>>
>> That should fix your problem.
>>

> YEAH...WILL WILL HES MY MAN IF HE WONT DO IT NO ONE >>>>>WILL!!
> Thanks a billion william.......

You're welcome.

--
William

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

"jason989" <jason989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

| "WTC" wrote:
|
| > "jason989" <jason989@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > > Im not sure how or why but "search has been added to the top of
my
| > > context
| > > menus for file folders. I have read all related threads (i
think) and
| > > i can't
| > > find the reg key to rid this burden....The folder is iTunes
music
| > > (desktop
| > > shortcut) the context menu contains..
| > > SEARCH, Add to winamps bookmark list and a heap of winrar
options, etc
| > > etc
| > > all i want is OPEN and Explore..
| > >
| > > If you wanna talk to me direct add a at hotmail to the end of my
| > > username to
| > > get mymessenger address...
| >

| > Hi Check these registry entries.
| >
| > Start>Run and type
| > regedit
| >
| > Navigate to:
| > HKCR\Folder\Shell
| > Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure
the
| > value is blank (value not set). If not delete the default key.
| >
| > HKCR\Drive\shell
| > Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure
the
| > value is "none". If not modify the value of the default key to
"none".
| > Do not include the "".
| >
| > HKCR\Directory\shell
| > Double-click default (REG_SZ) in the right-hand pane and ensure
the
| > value is "none". If not modify the value of the default key to
"none".
| > Do not include the "".
| >
| > --
| > William
| >

| > Thanks for your help William...
|
| Unfortuantly this did not rid the "search" whick is the main problem
because
| it's put itself at the top of the context menu, meaning if i double
click
| file folders a "search" will open instead of the folder.

Have a look at his link..
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

--
To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.
Farmers' Almanac